cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

emabia72
Journeyman III

Freesync without HDR on Samsung G9

I have a Radeon 7900XT and I noticed that I cannot use Freesync Premium Pro if I don't enable HDR on my Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 49" monitor

Is that correct?

Thanks

1 Solution
viorelu
Adept I

Hi,

I've got a Radeon 7900XTX on a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 (probably not the same as G9 but may be similar) and i can confirm Freesync Premium Pro works without having HDR enabled.

Regards,

Viorel

View solution in original post

5 Replies
viorelu
Adept I

Hi,

I've got a Radeon 7900XTX on a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 (probably not the same as G9 but may be similar) and i can confirm Freesync Premium Pro works without having HDR enabled.

Regards,

Viorel

Strawb77
Adept I

Hi I have same GPU on Odyssey G9 and haven't had this issue, suggest you download and install the Samsung G9 drivers and update your AMD's to latest.

emabia72
Journeyman III

Thanks for your help but I already have installed AMD and Samsung latest drivers.

My monitor is connected via DP cable and if I enable Freesync Premium Pro I'm forced to to enable HDR too.

I don't want to have HDR enabled because is not compatible with SimHub overlays

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe there is a sequence of enabling HDR in Windows and then enabling Freesync Premium Pro, followed by disabling HDR in Windows?  Perhaps there is a setting in the motherboard BIOS in the graphics section that is causing the problem too.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

Perhaps a factory reset, or perhaps using the Samsung cable supplied with the monitor (Samsung does insist on this).

Or perhaps doing some due diligence before using some 3rd party overlay or another to make sure it will actually work as intended, on the 3rd party's website.

You never know, someone there may have already have found a solution (or not) to a problem that doesn't seem to exist to the non 'ah but' users that genuinely try and help people that go into hissy fits because they want to do something that is not part of their original question and only comes up once you have failed to solve an unmentioned issue for them because they didn't erm, mention it in the first place, which would have elicited much more helpful and precise suggestions of solutions from much more knowledgeable forumites with specific experience of the issue.

Or perhaps not.

I give up.

0 Likes