Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

IndeGamer
Adept I

Frame Drops After Few Minutes of gaming

Hello There

Well I am currently Facing an issue of frame drops after few minutes of gaming.

As I progress through my game after few minutes of gameplay me fps drop completely from around 10 - 20 in particular

For Example

COD Warzone - 105(normal) to 20(after issue)

Watch Dogs 2 - 60(normal) to 14(after issue)

Far Cry 5 - 90(normal) to 18(after issue)

My System Specs are as follows

MSI Bravo 15 - A4DDR - 212IN

RAM -16 Gigs of DDR4 3200mhz

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon HD Graphics

GPU - AMD Radeon RX5500M

Its Not like My CPU goes under throttling or anything like that

My CPU Temps Are Only 80 - 85 C

And GPU Temps Are Around 50 - 55 C

Is there any fix for this problem Cuz I Haven't Paid like 1200$ To Just Open Youtube on This **bleep** 

And This Issue is a lot annoying so Please Help Me Out

1 Solution
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

What are the hardware specs of your laptop?

Which version of windows are you running (For me it Windows 10 Pro 64 version 21H2)?

What is the brand and model of your laptop?

What are the laptops dimensions/measurements?

With this information we can provide more assistance.

Also the Brand model and measurements of your laptop can be found on the Manufactures Home Support Site usually under specs or detail specs.

You will need to know your laptops brand model and dimensions if you intend to get a laptop cooler this way you ensure that you find one that is compatible with your rig. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Robbert
Adept III

I assume it’s a laptop, right?

is the laptop heating up very badly while gaming? If so, raising the laptop in such a way, it can pull more air in. I’ve had that issue with my ASUS laptop.

0 Likes

Nah bro my temps are absolutely fine neither of cpu or gpu even reach 90 even the gpu goes till 70 as max and its max operating temp is 100 and cpu reaches only 80-85 but for no reason the frames still drops its

0 Likes

Gather information about the voltage, other information from Hardware Info 64, then you can try to get a clue to what is causing it. Look for fans with low rpms, too high too low voltages, etc. Is there anything that would be making it go to low power or something like that. Try it on battery, plugged into wall? Also if it's under warranty, you may want to return it depending on how long the warranty, and tell them it's acting up and maybe you find something that's not normal in HWInfo64 you can tell them about it. Sometimes it may be some component failing. I hope you find a fix.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

If you are running a VPN make sure it is turned off during online game play?

VPN's severely throttle your bandwidth and place a greater load on your PC when online gaming.

This naturally can lead to game stutter screen artifacts game crashes and reduced FPS.

Also check your Anti Virus sensitivity settings. Make sure they are set to the default medium and not high as this can also have a major impact of game performance.

If you're on a laptop ensure the laptop is on a hard level surface and slightly elevated to prevent airflow blockage.

You could be getting high temps and this will throttle your entire laptops performance ( same thing happens to desktops the hotter they get the less efficient they run).

There are laptop coolers that set under your laptop and usually are powered via a USB connection. I don't know how well these work as I do not own a laptop. Research the additional cooling options for your device. Your biggest issue may just be heat dissipation.   

0 Likes

yes you are absolutely right 

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

What are the hardware specs of your laptop?

Which version of windows are you running (For me it Windows 10 Pro 64 version 21H2)?

What is the brand and model of your laptop?

What are the laptops dimensions/measurements?

With this information we can provide more assistance.

Also the Brand model and measurements of your laptop can be found on the Manufactures Home Support Site usually under specs or detail specs.

You will need to know your laptops brand model and dimensions if you intend to get a laptop cooler this way you ensure that you find one that is compatible with your rig. 

Man i appreciate 

My laptop is MSI bravo 15 a4ddr 212in

15.6 inch

And amd ryzen 7 4800h 

And i went to the service center idk why but they replaced my motherboard with a brand new one issue is now solved thanks all to tryna help i really appreciate

0 Likes