cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zakzak
Journeyman III

Fluctuating/low gpu usage, high cpu usage on ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition G513QY built by ASUS.

Hello, I do not know if this is a problem, but I have been noticing that my gpu utilization has been fluctuating a great deal. It will mostly be all over the place, but usually hangs around high 70's and 80's, occasionally hitting the 90's. It will only really hit 99-100% in the menu or if I am just looking at the ground with nothing else to render. My cpu usage will be at around 30-50%, depending on the game. I do not know if this is supposed to happen or if there is a problem.

Things I have tried:

- Disabling ULPS in MSI AFTERBURNER

- Enabled Forced Constant Voltage in MSI AFTERBURNE

- Made sure everything was up to date in MYASUS, windows, Armoury Crate, microsoft store, and AMD Radeon Software

- Used DDU to perform a clean installation of  recommended and optional drivers, but to no avail

- Made sure no apps was running in the background, or anything that could interfere

- Made sure everything was set to high/performance mode, and used turbo mode in the armoury crate.

- Disabled/enabled game mode, which did nothing. Game bar is turned off, as well as almost every option in windows which includes background apps and privacy settings so nothing can interfere

- Games are set for high performance mode in windows graphics settings

- Played around with in-game settings, as well as enabling and disabling vsync and freesync.

- Fresh install of windows 11. I would go to windows 10 but it came with 11

I do know that there are issues on Ryzen systems caused by its firmware-trusted platform module (fTPM), and my laptop seems to have the issue, so maybe this is why? I just recently got this laptop on Feb.9th but I have returned a couple with the same cpu in them because of major unknown stuttering, maybe it correlates somehow?? If anyone would like to lend me some advice I am all ears and would greatly appreciate it!

0 Likes
0 Replies