cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

MultiMew01
Journeyman III

Eyefinity Rebellion... I need to manullay set the resolution and refresh rate

I have 4 4k monitors.  3 at eye level, set too the 3x1 Eyefinity and the 4th above the others at the center as a utility monitor.

I need the ability to have all 3, eyefinity-ized monitors, set too 3840 x 2160 at 30 frames a second, (total 11520x2160 @ 30hz)

Yes I know, not the most recommended refresh rate down grade, unfortunately my left monitor, despite being able to technically work, on its own, at full res and 60Hz, wants too keep glitching out when ever I try to put more then 2 active monitors on, the videocard.  Starts giving me all sorts of flicker and green messed up background with a lot of colored bars at the bottom of the left most monitor and only stops doing that when I set it too 30Hz.  So I thought, "FINE!  I will live with the 30 hz then!"

Then I go to try and Eyefinity the setup and find out, I can't change the individual monitors to 3840x2160 @30Hz, nor set the entire eyefinity display too 11520x2160 @ 30Hz.  The system is forcing me to use each monitors recommended max resolution and refresh rate, which for 2 of them is 4096x2160 @ 60Hz and the 3rd is 3840x2160 @ 60Hz.

I need to be able to somehow tell all 3 of those monitors to be at 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz, not be forced into accepting what ever it is trying to automatically do with no alternatives.

I really have to wonder, why in this newer versions of the radeon softwares, why they took away the ability to manually set screen resolution and refresh rate in 2020 and never gave it back?  Why doesn't the Settings software have a manual setup option and why doesn't the EyefinityPro software buried in the AMD/CNExt/CNEXT folder not have the resolution and refresh rate manual selection options.  Why did the change from the 2019 and before software to the 2020 and afterwards omit these options?  Why haven't those options been brought back?

0 Likes
0 Replies