cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

snodi
Journeyman III

Dual monitor setup going black screen!

I have a RX 6700 XT OC edition with a dual monitor setup.

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now: my monitors would randomly go black screen while doing anything on my PC (gaming or just reading something doesn't make any difference), sometimes this happens immediately after startup, sometimes it takes hours. When the monitors go black I am forced to reboot my pc manually by pressing the power button, and when it restarts only one monitor works. If I try to open the Adrenalin software I get this message:

snodi_0-1722973294751.png

My card is not overclocked at the moment and I've checked the cables multiple times, they work flawlessly on other devices. 

Fixes I tried:

- Suggested fix when I check the support website for the pa-300 error with the software compatibility tool - the tool doesn't report any anomalies

- Update driver to newest version

- Downgrade driver to older version where previously I had no problem

- Boot PC in safe mode and uninstall/delete any GPU-related driver then re-install driver with Autoloader to make sure the driver is compatible with my GPU

- Install monitor driver

- Boot in safe mode and remove automatic windows 11 updates

These fixes worked only temporarily as the problem continued every time after a new startup. 

Any help would be appreciated as I am out of fantasy and completely lost about what to do.

0 Likes
0 Replies