cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CTT_19
Journeyman III

Drop FPS Valorant and CSGO on my RX6600 8gb

After reinstalling Windows 11 version 22H2 and installing the latest recommended driver version 23.7.2 from AMD for my RX6600, I encountered a situation of FPS drops in two game titles, Valorant and CS:GO. Specifically, while playing Valorant, the average FPS dropped to 200, and for CS:GO, the average FPS dropped to 250, sometimes even hitting as low as 100 FPS. Before reinstalling the driver, the average FPS for Valorant was consistently around 300, and for CS:GO, it was around 300-400 FPS. Despite turning off features like Radeon Chill, Anti-Lag, and V-Sync in the Adrenalin software, I still can't resolve the graphics issue in the games. I have set the graphics settings to the lowest possible, and I've also enabled XMP in the BIOS.

My system specifications are as follows:
- Motherboard: B560M Pro4
- CPU: Intel Core i5 11400F
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
- GPU: RX6600 8GB ASRock
- SSD: 256GB M.2 SATA 3 for the operating system
- SSD: 500GB M.2 NVMe for games and applications

I need advice on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

1 Solution

Update the latest driver version and then :
 1, turn off ULPS

2, Go to control panel and change window to high performance 
  3,add game to Game Mode and setting high performance too 
  4, go to adrenaline edition => turn off anti-lag and radaeon chill => go Performance => turn on Advance => set Min Frequency is 2500mhz and Max is 2600mhz => reset shadow cache => restart => Play a few games so that the graphics card can record the shadow cache.

This step may cause the phenomenon of dropping and shuttering fps, but it's okay. After doing this, the next time you play, you will no longer see the phenomenon of dropping fps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
imsavas
Journeyman III

im facing the same issue. did u find any solve for this?

Update the latest driver version and then :
 1, turn off ULPS

2, Go to control panel and change window to high performance 
  3,add game to Game Mode and setting high performance too 
  4, go to adrenaline edition => turn off anti-lag and radaeon chill => go Performance => turn on Advance => set Min Frequency is 2500mhz and Max is 2600mhz => reset shadow cache => restart => Play a few games so that the graphics card can record the shadow cache.

This step may cause the phenomenon of dropping and shuttering fps, but it's okay. After doing this, the next time you play, you will no longer see the phenomenon of dropping fps.

Hi! First of all i apologize for may bad English. I have the same problem. I can play normally Rust,mw3,warzone,lol,bfv and bf2042 there is no problem in these games, but it only happens int valorant and csgo(my mouse is freezing).

Graphic card: xfx merc 6900xt

Proccesor: 5800x3d

Motherboard: b550m mortar

Windows: currently using atlasos but same with windows10/11

Storage: m2 or sata no difference

Gpu version: currently 23.11.1 but no difference at 23.5.1/23.3.1