Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KcodioSs
Journeyman III

drop fps on competitive games and big games

Good morning,

So here it's for more than 1 month now I have had quite slight fps drops but there and relatively unpleasant especially on competitive games (stuttering in short).
It happened overnight without making any changes to the driver type etc.
I feel like I've tried everything, updating the cg driver, the motherboard driver, resetting my pc (formatting), optimizing windows, software and in game, activating 4g decoding, realizable bar, deactivation of the CPU energy limit, installation of quickcpu, I do not count the manipulations anymore.
But the worst part of all this is that by performing benchmarks and stresstest on 3dmark there is no problem, no drop, benchmark score above average for my config, stress test close to 100%, everything is normal.
I should point out that I changed my graphics card in December from the rx 590 to the rx 6600 xt (gigabyte gaming oc model) and for 3 months there were no problems.
My config is as follows:
- i5 10400f processor
- cg rx 6600 xt
- ram 16gb 3200mhz
- 750w 80+gold power supply (corsair)
- gigabyte z590 ud ac motherboard
- corsair hyper 212 black cooler
- corsair carbide 275r case
So here I do not understand where the problem comes from, if anyone thinks they can help me or has already had the problem, do not hesitate, thank you in advance.
PS: I also made the settings on radeon software at the level of the gpu and vram frequency.
the games where I have problems: rocket league, valorant, the witcher 3, the forest, only games that were running well before and I imagine that it must do the same thing on other games that I don't play.
Small additional precision: rocket league, drop at the start of the game and when there is a goal by going from 165 fps to 160, valuing it is during the game a little all the time with drops between 1 and 10 fps, for the big games we are more between 10 and 20 fps when there is a drop so it's not that light

0 Likes
1 Reply
KcodioSs
Journeyman III

Up

0 Likes