Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

UNzZz
Journeyman III

Driver crash on undervolting. rx 6750 xt

Hi guys. 

I need your help. Undervolting a video card in most cases leads to a driver crash.After watching a number of videos about undervolting 6000 series video cards, 90 percent set the voltage to 1100 mV. I tried to do the same, but during the stress test, the driver crashes immediately. Then I tested 1150 mV, the crash does not happen immediately, but still very quickly, literally in a minute of the stress test. Not finding a way out, I set 1175 mV and it seems to work stably, but once every two days a driver crash in games can suddenly occur. 

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? The video card is new, I received it on June 28th.

B550 AORUS ELITE V2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600

ASUS DUAL Radeon RX 6750XT OC O12G DUAL-RX6750XT-O12G 12GB

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, it doesn't mean a bad card, its just silicon lottery.
Some can handle a lot, others not a single bit less.

Remember that undervolting still falls under the same principles as overclocking. Its not normal operation.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, it doesn't mean a bad card, its just silicon lottery.
Some can handle a lot, others not a single bit less.

Remember that undervolting still falls under the same principles as overclocking. Its not normal operation.

The Englishman
Anonymous
Not applicable

that silicon lottery stuff.. kinda nonsense TBH. the undervolting everyones talking about is same CPU's and GPU's chips or cores from ryzen and radeon .. are in laptops and phones and stuff. in those devices they maybe just undervolt them and run em at a lower clock but they last ages off battery.. so PC gamers see like the SAME FPS and same quality or way higher sometimes as some of the cheapest phones use more AMD defaults hardware/bios and cheapest stuff which is often the most mass produced or just the previous years models and overstocks for cheap.. in phones its called ADRENO.. so your RX580.. unless you bought a more expensive factory OC sapphire nitro+ rx580 gets stomped by miles probably by the RX630 in say a cheap refurbished ebay AT&T LG V60 android 11 phone (it supports up to 13 but my phone wont auto update to it for some reason.)

but manufacturers will often cheap out and put half the stuff in and half the power like some fake ancient $10 laptop ram the nastiest 80's SD RAM type stuff in a laptop call it LP DDR and solder it in.. now the bios supports special low power settings of PCI express and other stuff for cheap embedded.. uhh lets say mp3 players? but for laptops? its not really meant for that its the cheapest nasty. But people still make these embedded systems and sell as a laptop i guess. Theres basically no such thing as ECO or low power mode in a 'high spec gaming PC' unless youre web surfing word documents office junk.. then i dunno the CPU and GPU speed step and power save or idle lower already.. so you dont need additional power savings. they kinda built the GPU for PC by design to need heaps of uhh overpowered RAM so if you undervolt GPU processor core power or the RAM its one or the other then they cant keep up or in sync with each other as the PROCESSOR of the GPU and the RAM dont let you adjust infinity fabric or its own memory IO controller in its own bios like how PC does so you cant have it VRAM work independently from the graphics processor because its part of the output queue which is hardwired cant ever have more than lower than 0 latency the VRAM designed to not change so it cant become a useless turd but its mostly the XMP profiles and stuff make it use way too much or more power than a laptop or mobile phone with same quality and FPS off a battery.. strangely the same way an electric blanked wire coil thats way cooler to the touch and isnt bright white hot like a 60watt or 90watt incandescent light bulb.. uses probably WAY less power than even a fast charge wireless mobile phone or direct hard wired phone charger BUT it says on it that it uses ridiculously high power levels in true intel nvidia fashion.. its. sorta dumb the RAM holds the CPU back hard because of FAKE intel FAKE XMP FAKE memory profiles.

so spending $400usd launch price brand new for release date of was it the same week as galaxy S9 or was it the S8? with a older qualcomm chip maybe from previous year causing its price to stay lower and comes with a SECOND SCREEN.. DOLBY VISION and MQA hardware decoding and a QUAD ESS SABRE audio DAC (its the process sound signal kind not the amplification powering large headphones kind so buy a headphone amp or something to plug into the headphone jack thats smaller like in ears such as hifiman RE400A or the hifiman RE800silver maybe? or consider just bluetooth APTXHDadaptive or LDAC i use hifiman red ear covers R9 dynamic drivers with the bluemini R2R2 himalaya that i got with a discounted deva pro thats maybe less than the bluemini but comes with a bluemini get em in a sale from hifiman website). and run it off battery for half a day of gaming in like 1440p or 1080p with physically based rendering reality emulation so your sword swings will arc the blood or blood will uhh run out and pool? lightning and fire can smoke and crackle and burn. uhh bugs will come to exist.. where they maybe didnt? its pretty cool you can do it with little battery use.. maybe even less.. with it looking awesome. 

my desktop PC is a 5700xt and ryzen 5700G and doesnt LOOK super better but because of directx feature level in windows and such you can make it look a fair bit nicer and more quality.. that and it being thousands of times more powerful literally mathematically. But i didnt wait for the directx feature level to finish and just did a daily quests often when i power up as it takes a while to load from a file as some **bleep**s uploading my every change to him to 'steal' my wisdom of reading boxes and spec sheets and knowing 80s PC's and printers can carbon copy **bleep** is wrong with **bleep**face dumbass hardware reviewers and SSD/USB/NVME not ever even close to advertised speeds on the boxes OUT OF THE BOX. but heres an example of what your CARD or your PHONE should LOOK LIKE while on BATTERY.

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2023-7-22-0-51-8.jpg

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2023-7-22-1-48-37.jpg

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2023-7-22-1-45-54.jpg

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2023-7-22-1-48-51.jpg

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2023-7-22-1-48-37.jpg

Assassin's Creed® Valhalla2023-7-22-1-49-0.jpg

20230722002122.jpg

20230722014820.jpg

20230722014757.jpg

20230722014635.jpg

20230722014533.jpg

20230722014417.jpg

20230722013814.jpg20230722013733.jpg20230722013903.jpg20230722013135.jpg20230722013613.jpg20230722012832.jpg20230722012324.jpg20230722013537.jpg20230722011405.jpg20230722011458.jpg

 ITS A SHAME I DONT HAVE RTX AMD cards. But yeah i game with a dozen copies of this config file for the OS and display driver and install adrenaline and chipset drivers. then run the chipset drivers where they unpacked to C:\AMD once installers done.. theres a bunch of uhh USB 4 and other stuff to install do them all. delete subfolders in directx in registry if doing on windows and maybe run the no subfolders one. its hard for me to test both ways as it maybe leaves traces behind? in adrenaline i turn all the ADVANCED global graphics at the very bottom branched out ALL ON MAX completely but no triple buffering and no morphological AA overriding supersampling 8xeq and override x64 tesselation.. then just antilag and freesync turn the 10bit output on and maybe OVERRIDE display for HDCP OFF unless u have a BLURAY CD ROM on your PC. 

AMDHARDWARE.rar ~ pixeldrain

right click save as

0 Likes
dcastellanos
Adept II

Hey, I know you already got the answer but I want to share that I also have the same bad luck with my reference 6750XT.

In most undermanding games I can get away with an 1170mV UV, but once I play something like RDR2, I have to go back to stock 1200mV to avoid crashes.

It sucks but that's what silicon lottery is, not one card is identical to another.

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I actually didn't noticed the card you have but now makes sense. 

Its an ASUS dual, thats the lower end of all ASUS models. Above theres PROART, TUF and RoG.

RoG has the best cherry picked GPUs.(some say its a myth but.......)

My RoG RX480 and RX6800 handle undervolt and overclock really well.

The RoG RX6800 can do 990mv and 2300 on the boost clock. 

The Englishman
0 Likes