Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sjredo
Adept I

Dolby/TrueHD Not working on 6800XT

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum, or the drivers one. I used to have a 2070S, died on me, and now switched to 6800XT. 

Since I made the switch I haven't been able to run any Atmos/TrueHD related audio on my AVR, and I've seen several posts about this in this community. 

Is this a known issue with AMD at this point? That 6XXX series don't support D.Atmos? Weirdly enough the audio driver says TrueHD is a supported format, but I can't get it to work, when the Nvidia counterpart never had a single issue.

I haven't found any solutions to any of the posts either. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
sjredo
Adept I

Just learned about this, and I'll be spamming AMD support until they fix it. Just tried this and the ATMOS works on the first try.

https://community.amd.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&fi...

CVZone writes:

"ATMOS Support can be restored with AMD HDMI Audio Driver from the 21.5.1 driver package. After this release no HDMI Audio driver works with Dolby Access App. This is cleary an driver fault."

0 Likes
EPICOSE
Journeyman III

I resorted to buying THX and using the on board sound device.

0 Likes
sjredo
Adept I

If you install the old drivers, and keep the audio part, and then install the new drivers on top via device manager, you get to keep both. And everything works. I just don't get how a company oversees this for two years now, what an embarassment.

0 Likes