cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JD
Adept I

Doesn't meet minimum specs

I have a few games according to AMD gaming that does not meet requirement to play the game, however the games play fine on high graphics no FPS drops. Why does it say basically I can't play it by stating doesn't meet minimum requirements?

Thanks for any explanations

0 Likes
8 Replies
Nagrenol
Challenger

Funny I saw that for Overwatch on my system and I'm running a 6800xt + 3900x etc etc

Everything else like cyberpunk/apex/doom/AC etc show it but overwatch doesn't even though I get 150+ FPS on max settings.

I'm guessing its just crappy software reading IN relation to certain games/companies. Doubt it's anything other than the above as the games run fine regardless

0 Likes

I don't want to sound like I am putting down AMD but the reason I made the post it seemed like they want to "push"people into buying upgrades which isn't a bad thing but not everyone can afford new upgrades evertime they come out.I guess I was just overly concerned.I guess maybe I should not pay attention to if the game is compatible or not.

Anyway Thank you for the reply

0 Likes

I was actually going to say that in my initial response. There is even the upgrade section which tells me I could/should upgrade to the 6900 and the 5950x (not event the 5900). So that's pretty blatant in suggesting people upgrade when they don't need to etc 

This issue you/we have could be related but again unless you are actually having an issue with those games then I wouldn't concern yourself with it  

0 Likes

Thank you number three helped,stated optional upgrade but it doesn't say anything about optional on my end,no big deal as your example said only optional not sure why mine doesn't.

Thank you for your response and I appologize if my comment sounded mean I was confused as I was thinking doesn't meet minumum specs meant the game wouldn't work.

Nah it wasn't mean at all, it's something a lot of people have highlighted before. 

Just a smol bit of sales on AMD side. Nothing major either way

0 Likes

@Ray_AMD That addresses a minor part of the query, got anything on the main item raised to add?

0 Likes

As explained in the link provided, it is only a suggestion. Feel free to ignore it