cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

VOSK
Journeyman III

Does RX 580 2048 sp support freesync technology?

I do not know how, but I could not find this information from internet. Is it good using RX 580 2048 cuda core version and freesync technology together? If this technology does not work, how can I notice?

Thanks for replying

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

You have some incongruences on your post.

You refer cuda, but that is exclusive to nvidia.

About freesync, I believe that all Polaris cards have freesync but you also need a monitor that supports it. Then you have to enable it on the monitor itself plus at the driver level.

If the game does not have any setting refering freesync then you have to set it to disabled (well not sure on this last one).

After all this, the monitor will adjust itself to make it smoother and without that tearing of vsync off.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

You have some incongruences on your post.

You refer cuda, but that is exclusive to nvidia.

About freesync, I believe that all Polaris cards have freesync but you also need a monitor that supports it. Then you have to enable it on the monitor itself plus at the driver level.

If the game does not have any setting refering freesync then you have to set it to disabled (well not sure on this last one).

After all this, the monitor will adjust itself to make it smoother and without that tearing of vsync off.

The Englishman
0 Likes

After all this, the monitor will adjust itself to make it smoother and without that tearing of vsync off. technology