cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jason3040
Journeyman III

Asus TUF 6800 XT Keep Crashing in Games

Hi, I recently upgraded from RTX 3070 to to 6800 XT, but it keep have random crash in F1 2020, Dirt 5 and Monster Hunter world, then it will prompt "AMD software detected that a driver timeout".

I have all the latest drivers include Latest BIOS, All game is re downloaded from steam, and a Fresh Windows. Tried all solution online and nothing works.

Things i Tried
1) Disable Sharpening
2) Reduce Graphics
3) Install without adrenaline
4) Under Volt GPU
5) Downgraded GPU Drivers
6) Run only on Direct x 11 (Still crash)
7) Upgrade to Windows 21H1
Enable/Disable Resize able bar 
9) Enable/Disable XMP
10) Switch From PCIE AUTO to 3.0 in BIOS 
11) Having 2 PCIE to GPU instead of a 1 to 2 PCIE Cable 

My PC Spec

Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI B550M mortar + Noctua NH-D15
16GB x 4 Corsairs vengeance 3200mhz (Total of 64GB)
Asus TUF 6800 XT
Corsair  HX850 850W 80+ Platinum Full Modular ATX PSU
Samsung 970 Pro NVME 500GB
Samsung 860 SATA SSSD 1TB
TP-Link Archer TX50E Wi-Fi Adapter
Fractal design MATX case
2  X 140mm Noctua Industrial PPC 3000 RPM
1  X 120mm Noctua Industrial PPC 3000 RPM

Peripheral
1) Logitech G915
2) Logitech G900
3) Acer ED323QUR Monitor

Please Do help, the PC Now is basically unplayable 

Thanks In Advance 

1 Solution
jason3040
Journeyman III

Update on the graphic card

I move the GPU to 3 Different Rig to test and it still have the same issues.

Rig 1 ( Main Rig)
Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI B550M mortar
64GB DDR4 3200 MHZ

Rig 2
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus ROG B550
16GB DDR4 3200 MHZ

Rig 3
Intel Core I3 10100
MSI H410M
8GB DDR4 2666 MHZ

PSU is Corsair HX850 850W 80+ Platinum Full Modular ATX PSU, I move the PSU to all 3 Rig to remain consistence. (The PSU is new as well)

The only workable solution is to reduce the clock speed to 75-80% in adrenaline then the GPU Run Stable. So, I decided to send it back for RMA, its impossible for me to run the GPU at reduce clock speed while I pay a premium for the card.

I’m disappointed in my local ASUS & AMD Distributor keep resist to change a new unit for me (Do note that the GPU is Few days old). In their defence they accuse me of using the GPU for mining purpose and not for gaming, The GPU will run stable at any other Stress Test but will crash at almost all games on my steam library. They claim they can’t run game on the GPU as it violates their work protocol, hence can only run stress test, If Stress test is fine then its not the GPU faults.

I’m lucky enough that the seller bares the responsible and swap a MSI 3080 TI for me instead of waiting our local ASUS & AMD Distributor and my PC is running fine again. (Seller did test and confirm the card will crash in games but run fine in stress test)

In conclusion, I’m very disappointed at ASUS on how they handle the situation on this problem, it cost a premium, but the customer service is horrible, each replies takes 2 – 3 days and doesn’t listen to your problem, and obviously none in this forum was able to help me with my situation. If u decide to change to AMD GPU from NVidia like I did, do take notice of the problem persist on their cards, not everyone is lucky as me have a responsible seller and willing to take the responsibility.

P/S: Another Buyer from the same site complain similar issue with the same card, so I can said there is a problem with ASUS TUF 6800 XT, I suspect is the Vbios problem but I did check, it’s the latest/only Vbios able on techpowerup.

Thank You

Sincerely
A Happy Nvidia 3080 TI User

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jason3040
Journeyman III

Update on the graphic card

I move the GPU to 3 Different Rig to test and it still have the same issues.

Rig 1 ( Main Rig)
Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI B550M mortar
64GB DDR4 3200 MHZ

Rig 2
Ryzen 5 3600
Asus ROG B550
16GB DDR4 3200 MHZ

Rig 3
Intel Core I3 10100
MSI H410M
8GB DDR4 2666 MHZ

PSU is Corsair HX850 850W 80+ Platinum Full Modular ATX PSU, I move the PSU to all 3 Rig to remain consistence. (The PSU is new as well)

The only workable solution is to reduce the clock speed to 75-80% in adrenaline then the GPU Run Stable. So, I decided to send it back for RMA, its impossible for me to run the GPU at reduce clock speed while I pay a premium for the card.

I’m disappointed in my local ASUS & AMD Distributor keep resist to change a new unit for me (Do note that the GPU is Few days old). In their defence they accuse me of using the GPU for mining purpose and not for gaming, The GPU will run stable at any other Stress Test but will crash at almost all games on my steam library. They claim they can’t run game on the GPU as it violates their work protocol, hence can only run stress test, If Stress test is fine then its not the GPU faults.

I’m lucky enough that the seller bares the responsible and swap a MSI 3080 TI for me instead of waiting our local ASUS & AMD Distributor and my PC is running fine again. (Seller did test and confirm the card will crash in games but run fine in stress test)

In conclusion, I’m very disappointed at ASUS on how they handle the situation on this problem, it cost a premium, but the customer service is horrible, each replies takes 2 – 3 days and doesn’t listen to your problem, and obviously none in this forum was able to help me with my situation. If u decide to change to AMD GPU from NVidia like I did, do take notice of the problem persist on their cards, not everyone is lucky as me have a responsible seller and willing to take the responsibility.

P/S: Another Buyer from the same site complain similar issue with the same card, so I can said there is a problem with ASUS TUF 6800 XT, I suspect is the Vbios problem but I did check, it’s the latest/only Vbios able on techpowerup.

Thank You

Sincerely
A Happy Nvidia 3080 TI User

0 Likes

It sounds like your Asus TUF 6800 XT was faulty and needed replacing.
Glad you have now resolved the issue with a replacement GPU.
0 Likes