Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Paddle
Journeyman III

Artifacts due to driver?

Hi all, 

I recently upgraded my RX 5600 XT to a RX 6600 XT. Since upgrading I have noticed a few artifacts pop up when using certain applications - Namely Photoshop and Steam. Whenever I move my mouse around I've been getting these small artifacts around the cursor.

Here's a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-u28B4IhXt4

What's really weird is that it isn't the GPU - I switch back to my 5600 XT and still get the exact same artifacts. Im 90% sure its driver related because as soon as the screen flickers during the driver installation the artifacts begin. I've done multiple clean installations with a DDU and I've tried just about every driver from 2020 to current. 

I tried to record the issue through a screen recording but the artifacts don't show up. This made me think it was my monitor that was an issue. But after trying a new monitor with a new cable (DP to HDMI) it's still there. 

I'm totally stumped as to what could be causing the issue  - Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
GamingMorty
Journeyman III

I get the exact same red line above my cursor when right clicking on things once in while, still haven't found a fix

0 Likes