cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Heathe
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT (Windows 11) (newest drivers crashing)

Hey guys,

In my newly built pc, I have an Intel 14th gen CPU, 64gb ram, 2t SSD, liquid cooling, and a 7800 xt with 16gb dedicated memory. This gpu has been nothing but a hastle for me due to the drivers (Adrenaline Edition, the only Edition available for windows 11) constantly crashing on overwatch and other games but mainly overwatch in my case, and giving me a black screen/white screen and even sometimes forcing me to turn off the power completely on my pc. Please update the drivers to be able to to handle simple games.
Heres the Driver directly: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-7000-series/amd-radeon-rx-7800-series/amd-rade...
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and same issue. I run overwatch at low settings, my monitor is 4k, but i only run the game at 2k, if i run an FPS over a certain amount, I am guaranteed to crash so I limit my fps at 150. Please help

Something I would like to add: I have 2 monitors. both use hdmi. im going to try display port and update this post.

Regards,
Heathe

1 Reply
Charlzz
Journeyman III

You can resolve your problems only with testing different version of AMD Adrenaline Edition drivers. For me for example I rollback to 23.9.3 and they working so so. Newest 24.7.1 are making huge problems for me while running games like reseting or shuting down PC. Seriously AMD need to check their drivers developers... They are making more and more problems with every driver update I really consider to get back to NVIDIA because of it.

EDIT: I really can`t find stable AMD drivers for 7800 XT. This card like to shut down or reset itself with some games randomly and I think it is drivers problem. Maybe some hardware fault. I so regret I bought Radeon now ehhh.

0 Likes