cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yamamoto7796
Journeyman III

AMD High Definition audio device missing in "sounds" but appears in Device Manager

Hi, I had the problem that I was able to get image and audio from the HDMI port in my Radeon RX 5700 XT, but not in the display port. I installed AMD Software: Adrenaline Software to try to setup the priotiy for the AMD High Deifnition Audio manually. Sadly, the option was not available there, and now I still havethe device "AMD High Deifnition Audio" in the device manager list, but now I don't have audio neither from the HDMI port or the Display ports. One of the display ports has a HDMI to Display port adapter, just in case.
My motherboard i a Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2-

I already uninstalled and reinstalled several times the AMD High definition audio device. I disabled it and enabled it back. It i still missing from "Sounds" to select the audio device. I want that my TV with speaker connected through the display port adapter can reproduce sound. But not even the TV I have connected through the HDMI port is appearing anymore as an available audio device.

What can I do?

0 Likes
3 Replies
yamamoto7796
Journeyman III

I saw a update here on my inbox, but now I don't see it here in the post. Just in case I will reply anyway:

@John374McCraywrote:

Hello!

It sounds like you’re having trouble with your AMD High Definition Audio device not appearing in “Sounds” despite being listed in Device Manager. You’ve tried reinstalling and enabling the device, but still no audio from either HDMI or DisplayPort. To resolve this, try updating your motherboard’s BIOS and chipset drivers from Gigabyte’s website. Additionally, ensure your AMD graphics drivers are up to date. If the issue persists, consider using the Windows Audio Troubleshooter or checking for any conflicts in Device Manager.

I updated the BIOS of my motherboard last week as well (around August 1st or July 31st). In this link I found the latest version of the BIOS (from July 11, 2024) and then updated the BIOS through file. I still have this issue.

For the drivers I use Driver Booster for Steam to keep them updated. In the screenshot you can see the display adapater for the graphic card and the sound, video and game controller for AMD High Definition Audio Device (it is in spanish, but those drivers are pointed in the image).Driver updatedDriver updated

And if I go to the Windows Audio Troubleshooter it doesn't detect the AMD Audio device t otroubleshoote nor the output of the TV that I use as monitors with display port or HDMI.

audio troubleshooter.jpg

What other option do I have?

0 Likes
mrrizwan05
Journeyman III

If the "AMD High Definition Audio Device" appears in Device Manager but is missing from the "Sounds" settings, try reinstalling or updating the audio drivers. If the issue persists, ensure that the device is set as the default audio playback device in the "Playback" tab of the Sound settings.

0 Likes

Already uninstall and reinstall the audio driver. I cannot select it as default because it doesn't appear in the playback tab.

0 Likes