Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Juestan
Journeyman III

AMD Freesync Premium Pro Brightness changing and Flickering

I recently bought a new Monitor, iiyama GCB3480WQSU,
Firstly I got a Problem with Freesync Flickering, I had that with my previous Monitor, now it got worse with the new one, most likely because I switched from IPS to VA Panel.

Also there is some weird behavior with Freesync Premium Pro, everytime Freesync enables in a Game or Fullscreen Application. The Brightness increases and the color temperature changes, it looks a bit weird and warmer in comparison with freesync off for instance.

And in the Adrenalin Software, the Freesync feature is shown as "Adaptive Sync Compatible", I had that with my previous Monitor too, the previous one had Freesync Premium.
Additonally I have a second Monitor plugged in with standard Freesync, it shows AMD Freesync in the Adrenalin Software, but Premium and Premium Pro doesnt seem to show their original name other than "Adaptive Sync Compatible"

Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Adaptive Sync is Displayport Std. naming. I guess your connected with DP cable.

Can't offer help with the other issues.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ivan1985
Adept I

i have the same experience with my va panel (hp omen 34c) and my 7800xt gpu. every time i enable the freesync the panel become brighter and the brightness starts flickering. i am having this problem 3-4 months now and i end up disabling the freesync. i never use it because it will destroy my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q3ZZLbtJ9s

0 Likes

I also play now with Freesync disabled, this bothers me too much, especially the brightness and color change after it kicks in.
I activated Enhanced Sync, it makes VSync much better.

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

I have a Samsung Odyssey G7 27" monitor

LC27G75TQSRXEN with the latest firmawere 1016.1 when I switch in the drivers adrenaline to Freesync premium pro, the frequency on the windows desktop changes from 240Hz to 193Hz every so often. There is no change in brightness but a slight vibration of some colours , especially bright colours. But it is very faintly visible . I know that after turning it on, the refresh rate changes, but should it also drop to 193Hz every now and then on the desktop? I do not know if this is how Freesync Pro should work?

I checked with the drivers 24.3.1

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

I have a Samsung Odyssey G7 27" monitor
LC27G75TQSRXEN with the latest firmawere 1016.1 when switching in the drivers adrenaline to Freesync premium pro, the frequency on the windows desktop changes from 240Hz to 193Hz from time to time. There is no change in brightness but a slight vibration of some colours, especially bright colours. But it is very faintly visible . I know that the refresh rate changes when this is switched on but should it also drop to 193Hz on the windows desktop from time to time ? I don't know if this is how Freesync Pro should work ?
I checked with the drivers 24.3.1

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes