cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AMD FPS Counter annoyance

The AMD FPS counter can be toggled on or off using ALT + SHIFT + F.

This seems to be a built-in feature and cannot be altered anywhere in the AMD Adrenaline settings.

Is there a way to disable this hotkey? As I use these keys allot during games and accidentally turn the FPS counter on. This is becoming very annoying.

Perhaps some line in regedit? I am using a 6650XT card.

-berg

0 Likes
5 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

What version of Adrenalin are you using, and have you modified any settings? I'm unable to reproduce any action using the hotkey combo ALT + SHIFT + F

CTRL + SHIFT + O opens the Metrics Overlay, is this what you're referring to by the AMD FPS counter?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Good morning and thank you for responding.

ALT + SHIFT + F is the key combo for me, but might only work when you are in-game and in full-screen mode.

The FPS counter shows up on the top left. I have turned every hotkey off in Adrenalin version 24.6.1 (use hotkeys off).

0 Likes

The amd metrics overlay is set to show top right by default.

May be some 3rd party app, or game launcher app is the problem.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
FunkZ
Exemplar

Seems it is related to Radeon Anti-Lag and the hotkey toggle only works when Anti-Lag is enabled.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

This seems to be related to the FPS counter that I am referring to.

I can just simply turn off Radeon Anti-Lag and I will no longer be able to toggle the FPS counter on or off. This is a solution for some I suppose, but I would like to keep using Radeon Anti-Lag and look for a way to perhaps change the hotkey that is used to toggle the FPS counter..

0 Likes