cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JackK05
Journeyman III

AMD Driver Timeout 6800Xt

I have a speedster merc 6800xt that heavily artifacts with black boxes and white flashes. Most if not all games crash and cause a timeout except Minecraft and rust. The issue first occurred when upgrading to the latest drivers so I rolled back to no prevail. I used DDU to uninstall all drivers and try to install older divers and this didn't work, the issue still persists? I have tried underclocking, increasing power limit, changing monitors and cables. I changed the cables of my graphics card aswell.

I have also changed my rams XMP and disabled it and also disabled all overlays and multiplane overlay in windows registries.

I also tested different directx versions and used /sfc scannow to repair any gaps left. I have messed around with some AMD settings and disabled free sync and none of this has worked.

Below is example of white flashes that occur. If I lower the power limit this gets more intense, but if I increase the power limit, no difference is made. I also tried disabling smart access memory.

My pc specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD 5900x (no overclock)

RAM: 32GB Corsair vengence DDR4 CL18 3600Mhz

GPU: Speedster merc 6800xt (no overclock)

Motherboard: Msi b550 Tomahawk

SSD: Samsung 990 pro 1TB (OS and drivers)

Storage: 2 Hard drives

I'd also like to add I have 5 intake fans and 4 exhaust fans, and my idle GPU temps are around 30 (junction) and under full load were around 90 (junction).

So cooling and overheating are definitely not an issue

The issue gets worse when the performance overlays from adrenaline are used or even if adrenaline is open.

The flashes also appear on discord streams showing it  is a rendering issue not a display kind of issue!

Any suggestions will be much appreciated

0 Likes
2 Replies
JackK05
Journeyman III

With the release of 23.7.1 the issue still remains unfixed

0 Likes

Tried updating to newest bios and updating chipset drivers etc

JackK05_1-1688828592482.png

Does look like anything for concern?

I noticed a similar thing on my Realtek like ethernet drivers so updated them all and unplugged my  wifi card. But it seems that it hasnt solved the "requires further installation error on any of those either. I am now wondering if my wifi card could be conflicted with some sort of firmware on the graphics card.

0 Likes