cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Icechuck
Journeyman III

AMD 7900XTX Crashing Hunt: Showdown

Hey all, very recently I've been having issues with playing Hunt: Showdown. I built my PC about 70 days ago and have had zero issues thus far, but now I'm getting a blackscreen on both monitors, system freeze, and then any programs I have running crashing with the error "AMD Software has detcted that a driver timeout has occurred on your system." This only happens with Hunt, and has only happened in the last few days. My drivers are up-to-date, I've tried  clearing my shader cache, and totally uninstalled and reinstalled my video drivers.

Specs are as follows: 

Asrock Taichi 7900xtx

i9-13900K

64 gb Kingston DDR5 RAM. 

Corsair 1000e 1000W Gold Rated PSU

8 Replies
Duanra
Journeyman III

Hi, same here. 

Just buy 7900xtx to replace old 1700. Same graphic config in game And huntshowdown crash very often. Seems AMD don't like cryengine.

Going to a refund if I don't find solution in the next day. 

0 Likes

Instant replay Off, no mor crash: seems SSD where i record is in bad condition.
I have some freeze due to 0.1% fps i think, need to buy best CPU.

0 Likes

My graphics drivers has been crashing very often as well. A full freeze and then crash at random times while playing the game.

7900xtx
5950x
32GB 3200 DDR4
Seasonic Focus 1000W PSU

Running Windows 11 with latest drivers with no overclocks (aside from RAM).

0 Likes

I have been playing for the past month and haven't really experienced any further crashes recently.

0 Likes
mattn
Adept I

Hi,

i have Crashes To.

Driver Timeouts in all DirectX Games like:
- HUNT: Showdown
- Counter-Strike 2
- BF2042

New Sapphire Nitro+ 7900 XTX
32 GB DDR5 - 6000MTS
BEQUIET 1000W PSU (6 Months old)
Temps all < 80°

Change to 1080 TI  ==>> NO PROBLEMS

Pls Fix AMD

I am noticing the same issue that you had with the 7900xtx. I thought I was upgrading from a 1080 TI. This may be a quick return to Sapphire. 

0 Likes
Aer
Adept I

I doubt this is limited to Cry-Engine

I have constant crashes too. In-game or desktop, sometimes applications with GPU acceleration.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 1839531.png

Following a crash- then restarting, sometimes the driver doesn't load back up with windows. The next step is to proceed to uninstall - reinstall the drivers. Only for it to crash again after a while.

Coming from a 970GTX which I had NO issues with Desktop or in-game, it was just due an upgrade. I'm having a poor experience and pretty much non-existent gaming experience. 

Tried all 3 driver installation types Max-Min-Driver Only, clean reinstall cleaned out all AMD and Nvidia drivers.

ASRock Taichi X570
Ryzen 7 3800X
850W PSU
Sapphire Pulse 7900XT

0 Likes
Minsup54
Adept II

I accidentally left AMD Adrenaline software open and no further crashes for 3 days.

0 Likes