Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Mat_Gs
Adept I

All games blocked at 60 fps

Hello

for a few weeks now, I've had a major fps problem on my games. following an update to my CGU driver, all my games are blocked at 60 fps, regardless of the options I set.

i've checked that vertical sync is deactivated, but i'm still stuck on this problem. I can usually run at 150,200 fps without any problem.

Here are my specs:
- CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor

- Video
AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

1 Solution
toddd240
Adept I

I've heard of having AMDs global settings getting changed on chipset installations.

Make sure the FRTC didn't get set to 60

View solution in original post

13 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

couple things to do/try IF you want IF you haven't already .. might help .. might not, but good to do regardless

Update your motherboard's BIOS to latest

Make sure you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Run the program called DDU .. remove all past/present GPU drivers and residue .. reboot . .and THEN install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com

Make sure  you Windows install is up to date

ThreeDee PC specs

I had the same issue. It was in the Bios that was my issue that was locking me. 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
Mat_Gs
Adept I

thanks for your answer

i did install the last chipset driver and im still stuck at 60fps...

oddly enough, I managed to fix the problem with Rocket League. I don't really know how.

what I do know is that on a game like Valorant, I'm always stuck

one thing that's weird is that on Valorant, when I go back to the game after an alt tab, I can see on my performance graph that I briefly go up to 160 fps, then it immediately drops back down to 60. it's very, very fast, the time of a few frames I think.
as if my pc starts loading all the frames, then an option (probably linked to the settings of my amd driver) locks my fps at 60
here's a screen from my AMD software conf:

Mat_Gs_0-1692211846637.png

0 Likes
Mat_Gs
Adept I

up pls ? @ThreeDee 

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Did  you run DDU to remove all past/present drivers of whatever GPU's you have had on this install of Windows .. reboot . .and THEN install latest drives from AMD.com?

Are you running any 3rd party software that would have any kind of control over your GPU?

What motherboard? ..are you running any software with said motherboard from the motherboard's manufacturer? .. ie .. ASUS has it's Armory Crate stuff .. etc 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

i've seen other people have more or less the same problem as me, so i don't think uninstalling/reinstalling the driver will help... what do you think?
i don't want to do anything stupid either concerning my pc, i'll use ddu only if i'm sure it can help me

for your second question, no, i can't see what other program could have an impact on it. here's the list:

list.png

concerning my motherboard, it's an MSI B550-A Pro. I use AMD Software꞉ Adrenalin Edition to manage everything, i don't think i have anything else.

If you haven't already tried different cable/input/refresh combinations with your dual monitors, I would do what @ThreeDee suggested. Run DDU then reinstall latest drivers...or use a previous driver. I use it when switching drivers and there's really no harm.

Also, noticed in your screenshot below that your MSI monitor looks like your secondary display. Set it as your primary in Windows Display settings and see if that changes anything.

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes
tenzo23
Elite

Saw that your monitor can do 165Hz Freesync. Go to your monitor OSD settings and check that Freesync is enabled.

Then go to Windows Settings/System/Display/Advanced Display Settings and set your refresh rate to 165Hz. Confirm FS enabled in Adrenaline.

Also in Display/Graphics Settings you can enable VRR.

eIjdRdM

jf0aom6

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes

thanks man, i already had these parameters activated. I deactivated them then reactivated them to be sure and that doesn't solve the problem.

0 Likes

Is your first display 60Hz?

/sig Fun guy.
0 Likes

My main monitor is 165Hz
my second one is 75HZ 

0 Likes
KuroSenpai
Adept I

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics driver? Its something I've seen solve this problem before

toddd240
Adept I

I've heard of having AMDs global settings getting changed on chipset installations.

Make sure the FRTC didn't get set to 60