cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

crumskii
Adept I

7900XTX Will Not Post

I built a PC including an ASRock 7900XTX, Gigabyte B650 X AX MOBO, and MSI A1000G PSU around six months ago. Everything has ran flawlessly (with heavy gaming usage) until yesterday. I was playing a game and my PC restarted four times within 20 minutes. Each restart was normal until the last, where it did not boot. I manually shut it down and restarted it. It now will not post and my MOBO displays the “VGA” light. If I remove the GPU the system will start completely fine. I have tried re-installing the GPU several times with no luck. I’ve reset CMOS, uninstalled my drivers using the AMD clean-up tool, tried changing the PCIe slot settings in BIOS from auto to Gen 4, and tested my PSU and each PCIe cable. I’ve had a support bracket installed for the GPU the entire time, never noticed any temp issues, and have done no OC adjustments aside from presets in AMD Adrenalin. I’ve also had the cables correct with no daisy chains the entire time. The GPU LEDs still illuminate and fans spin when attempting to boot. Any help is appreciated. The last thing I did before this occurred was Windows updates and driver update, but gamed after those installs for a few hours with no issues.

0 Likes
9 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

Does your card have dual bios? if so flip the switch and try it. The BIOS switch lets you toggle between the default OC BIOS (left, towards the IO) and "Full Power" BIOS (right, towards the power connectors)

My card does not have a dual bios switch to my knowledge. At least I'm holding it right now and don't see anything like that on the card haha.

0 Likes

What version of the card do you have? Is it the  RX 7900 XTX Taichi 24GB OC? Or the Phantom? The website says the Taichi definitely has dual bios while I'm uncertain about the Phantom. It doesn't look like the Aqua has it either. 

rawintellect_0-1720231671049.png

rawintellect_1-1720231711552.pngrawintellect_2-1720231760590.png

I have the Phantom edition. I did a little research on what a dual bios switch is, and while I didn’t find anything definitive online for the Phantom I did make sure I don’t have anything like that on my card. I found a switch and got excited until I realized it was for the LEDs lol.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

Sounds like it's time to open an ASRock support ticket.

https://www.asrock.com/support/

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

I have started that process. Not looking forward to getting drug through the RMA process and the fight that goes along with it, was hoping this was something someone has seen before and there was some magical easy solution floating around lol. I think I've at least narrowed it down to the MOBO or GPU itself, and I'm trying to get my old GPU back from a friend to test that. 

0 Likes
revy1061
Adept I

By any chance did you upgrade to drivers 24.6.1? because a few others including myself are having similar problems. Have been getting hard blackscreens where I have to turn the pc off and on again, happens randomly when gaming, everything else is fine though...although sometimes its fine all night and some nights its just a no go... and getting the error in windows event viewer saying

\Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT\DISPLAY\0000.

I believe so, if that was the newest driver update available. I did the update the night before all this started and gamed for probably 4 hours after with no issues. The next day immediately after getting on is when all this started. I cleared the driver update and my system still won’t post with GPU, but maybe you could clear your update and install a previous version to see if your issues stop?

0 Likes

I used DDU and wiped back down to 24.3.1 and I still had problems.

I have also reinstalled windows completely fresh WITH 24.6.1 just to see if something got messed up on my previous build, and was running fine until last night it hit again.

I have since then used DDU to wipe and put on 24.5.1 which fingers crossed so far has been working...I am also using AIDA64 Extreme to monitor wattage/voltage to see if something has tripped and is now causing the GPU to use more power (far fetched I know but I am not ruling it out)

It is odd that a few people are suddenly having this after 2 years of perfect use...

0 Likes