cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Deathchild
Adept I

7900XTX Red Devil power color limited edition model

Ever since I downloaded 24.1.1 my GPU crashes under load. I have rolled back drivers after launched AMD DDU software. now it doesn't matter what drivers I run the GPU will hard boot to black screen and run all the system fans at max. I have tried a fresh window install, I have tried completely wiping the PC and SSD's. Nothing has worked to resolve the persistent black screen while gaming issue.

Initially this only happened while gaming. I am able to reproduce this by running Cinebench, Heaven, and AMD stress tester simultaneously. Regardless of which game I play it will begin to stutter and slow down followed by a sudden and unavoidable crash. which I have to power down the PSU to fix. I forget the last GPU update that did this, but AMD was swift with resolving that issue with a newer update. 

Looking for help from anyone with insight. PC has been solid since launch minus the previous driver issue and this current driver issue that both yielded this same black screen of death while gaming.

Ran a full DDU guru and amd, fresh windows install. downloaded 23.12.1 drivers and while gaming I am still getting a hard crash to black screen with all fans running at max speed to include GPU. 

0 Likes
0 Replies