Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sonwen
Journeyman III

7900XTX Crash

Hey !

Since I bought my XFX 7900 XTX I've had a few crashes on big games (Assassin's Creed, Battlefied, etc...) but I've never had any FPS or heating problems.

I recently bought the new game "Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart" on PC and set the graphics to max as I can with my config.

I also recently had some crashes on this game with this error: dxgi error device hung.

I always crash at the same place in the game and even when I try with the graphics at minimum I get this crash that gives me a black screen and then the error is displayed.

PC SPECS :

Motherboard: ASUS MB TUF GAMING-Z690-PLUS (DDR5)

CPU: INTEL I5 13600K (factory clocks)

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

GPU: XFX SPEEDSTER MERC310 RX 7900 XTX  Black Edition (mounted with 3 separate 8pin power cables)

RAM: 2x 16Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 6000MHz

Hope someone can help me

If you need more information don't hesitate to ask !

EDIT: 

Now I crash when a lot of things are going on in the game, I get the impression that the graphics card "can't handle it"...

Thanks !

6 Replies
Xilors
Journeyman III

Same problem here,  at first i could play one or two hours but now it instantly crash after the main menu, i can't play more than 5 seconds.

It even turned my graphic card off one time, had to turn it on again in the windows device manager...

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Thanks for the good roundup, including your hardware specs.

What temp does the card have, including hotspot? Are you running the 23.7.2 driver? Ratchet & Clank does have some issues right now with Radeons and RT beside other bugs.

0 Likes
tanazzz
Adept III

That's an AMD feature that you pay for. You get crashing, hangs, lag and bugs in addition to your GPU. Think about it as an adventure game only instead of adventure it's complete garbage and instead of a game it's complete garbage.

0 Likes

Often it is a layer 8 issue.

0 Likes
Will_b
Journeyman III

Same here. I also update the drives to 23.10.23.03. I have an 7900 XTX

0 Likes
Denbot
Adept II

I was having the same issue with my rx7900xtx until I

1. Disabled zero fan RPM

2. Set a more aggressive fan curve, ramp start from 30% at 30°C , 100% by 70°C

3. Increased the power limit to max

4. Reduce max boost, mine was hitting 3.2ghz 🤪 I've capped it to 2.98Ghz, seems OK now. 

0 Likes