cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JohnSenator
Journeyman III

7900XT dual monitor issues

So I recently purchased a brand new 7900XT (asrock phantom). It functions great and the performance is as expected. All of this changed when I connected my second monitor after about a week. My main monitor is a 1440p 144Hz ultrawide, and the second one is a 1080p 60Hz monitor in portrait mode. When playing on the 1440p monitor with the second one off everything is great. When both monitors are on and I try to play on the 1440p monitor, my second 1080p monitor starts disconnecting and reconnecting. It goes black for a few seconds, then shows the desktop and repeats. Sometimes it might flash white for a second. This also affects performance in games, some very little, some very significant. Once again, when the second 1080p monitor is unplugged everything is great.

I have tried multiple solutions and nothing works. I tried DDU, I then completely reinstalled windows, formatting ALL of my SSDs. None of these options worked. I then tried installing the older drivers (adrenaline 24.6.1), which fixed the performance drop in games, but the second monitor still kept losing connection. Keep in mind this only happens when playing games. I also tried swapping display ports on my GPU, trying them all, but the issue persisted only with the second monitor no matter what port I use. The main 1440p monitor is using a display port cable, while my second monitor is using a display port to hdmi cable with the monitor only having HDMI ports.  

Keep in mind I read about the registry patch you have to run on windows that apparently fixes a similar issue, and I did run it, but it did not work.

0 Likes
0 Replies