cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chevydan6
Journeyman III

7900XT Bootlooping on Asus ROG Strix X570-I gaming

So I have a 7900XT that will bootloop on my Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming. I install the card and I will not get a boot screen or anything to even access the bios. What does work is putting in my 6800XT and switching the pci-express to GEN 3 (The card is directly plugged into the motherboard no riser). Then reinstalling the 7900XT and everything works like normal. Im not bent out of shape having to run GEN 3 but what I am bent out of shape about is if the bios ever needs to be reset or does a reset for whatever reason, I will have a none booting computer until I switch back to the 6800XT and switch back to GEN 3 which is a massive pain being a ITX build. But here is also a wierd issue though, my Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI has zero issues running the card in GEN 4 and booting and working normally. Also i have the latest bios on both motherboards. Also the 6800XT runs gen4 pci-express on the Asus mobo fine. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Trehugger
Adept I

update your bios

Right in the paragraph it says " Also i have the latest bios on both motherboards". There is no new bios for the 7900XT to update to.

0 Likes
Trehugger
Adept I

https://rog.asus.com/nz/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-i-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios/

if he has this bios revision, clear bios to default using the 2 pins or bios clear button(sorry dont have this board) then cold boot it.. or maybe use bios recovery usb to re install the bios as I had to do this with my tuff wifi 670e board after a bios update..

literally took 2 mins to see that bios date is very similar to post date..

0 Likes