cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jarix
Journeyman III

7900 XTX world of wacraft screen tearing

Hi all, recently bought a 7900 XTX, pretty awesome card and I'm very please with that. That being said I struggle to understand in AMD software and ingame options which ones are the best for the optimal experience.

I mostly play world of warcraft and Diablo 4, in both I've experienced serious tearing even though I have freesync enabled and a freesync premium pro monitor. 

Currently, my settings are:

• Freesync enabled in the amd adrenalin
  • Adaptive-sync on » extended in the monitor options
  • Enchanced sync enabled in the amd adrenalin options for the game

Am I doing something wrong? I ended up enabling V-Sync in diablo 4 (ingame option) so I could have a smoother experience, but I'm pretty sure that's not the ideal scenario.

In short, I'm a bit lost when it comes to options I should enable/disable before having 100% I should be having the best solution available.

Any help?

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What resolution are you playing at? (please don't say 1080p with that beastly GPU, lol)

What exact make/model of monitor are you using? (need to know specs of monitor)

My daughter ran a 24" 1080p Samsung 60hz monitor .. games would tear unless Vsync was enabled

I swapped her out with an old ASUS VG248 24" 1080p 144hz, 1ms monitor and no more tearing at all .. didn't have to use any type of syncing settings in game or the Radeon software.. now she runs 2 of those monitors (paid $20 for one, and $40 for the second one)

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I'm playing at 4k

My monitor is an LG 27GP950-B

0 Likes