Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kisskous
Journeyman III

7900 xtx black screen

Hello,

I recently changed my graphics card from "asus 1080 ti" to a "XFX 7900 xtx". My configuration was working perfectly before this change.

Problem: I'm getting black screens in game, it happens randomly on all games. The game blacks out, closes, and then I'm back on the desktop.

My complete configuration: MB: Gigabyte Z790 A Elite DDR4 RAM: Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB 3000 MHz CPU: 13600 KF Watercooling: msi s360 GPU: XFX 7900 XTX Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000x (1000w) M2: crucial p3 2 TB Screen: Dell 32' 4K 144 hz Window 11 up to date

Tests:

• Removed AMD drivers with registry (failed)
  • Removed XMP (failed)
  • GPU BIOS normal and OC (failed)
  • Removed all AMD Adrenaline driver options (failed)
  • Reinstalled AMD driver (failed) even only driver

I have the impression that the AMD drivers are the cause.

Can you please help me, I'm quite frustrated with this situation.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Gaz936
Adept II

Hi...

Take a look at this thread, its similar to your woes...

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/warzone2-season3-error-directx-help/td-p/600364

0 Likes

hi, no i don't have error with direct X, only blackscreen (without error message)

0 Likes
Ander12391
Journeyman III

I had a similar issue with my 7900XTX. I was playing Fortnite and out of no where. I get a black screen and my two monitors stop receiving a display signal. I am still getting game sounds but I am forced to hard restart the PC. I have had this GPU for about two weeks with no issues. Played several other games for hours and no issues. However, I did update from 23.4.1 to 23.4.2 this past week... so maybe its related to that. However, I did run DDU and and reinstalled 23.4.2 and it happened again while at the desktop. However, since I was still within the return policy I decided to return the card and ordered a RTX 4080. This was my first AMD experience after 10 years of having only Nvidia and I just want to stick with what I know and what's worked. 

I have a PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX, and I have the exact same problem, I hope it's not the card that suddenly decided to die

0 Likes
Gaz936
Adept II

Hi…

I have been having the same issues with blank screens and having to hard re-boot. Then finding that Windows had taken over the graphics drivers. 

What cured it for me was opening Cmd Prompt in Administrator mode, running sfc/scannow and reinstalling the AMD drivers. Since then, no more blank screens.

Hope this helps?

0 Likes

I can confirm it doesn't work, for anyone having the same problem. It would probably be a good idea to return the graphics card if you're still within the return policy, just to be safe.

0 Likes
xxrune
Adept III

How long has it been since you did that? and does it still work?

0 Likes
Gaz936
Adept II

So, yesterday I removed my PCI-E riser cable and bracket as l had mounted my GPU so it was facing me horizontally. This immediately stopped the PC from crashing (all my temps were normal by the way, including the Junction temp before taking out the bracket). 

I then tested the PC using 3DMark, Heaven and Cinnebench, all passed with no crashes at all.

However, going into MWII the game crashed with a DirectX12 issue that has been reported elsewhere on here. I didn’t have time last night to carry out file repairs or reinstall DirectX, that l will do this evening. 

So two steps forward and one step back

0 Likes