cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kermit1
Journeyman III

7800xt causes PC restart while playing squad

So i got the 7800xt around 2 weeks ago, installed it and the drivers after wiping the previous Nvidia Drivers and played my favourite games. All games were great until i went to play Squad. The issue I get is that randomly my pc will black screen, then restart itself with no notification or warning before or after this happens. It can happen anywhere between 10 minutes to 2 days of playing. This has only happened in Squad. I've stress tested the GPU and I've not been able to replicate the issue. Nothing other than the GPU has changed in terms of hardware.

I've tried updating my system, then bios, then uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but nothing seems to help. I get that it's only one game that this happens in but its my favourite so if AMD cards for whatever reason don't work with squad then that's a deal breaker for me. Worst case scenario is i may have to return it because of this and stick with Nvidia.

This post is my last ditch effort to get the issue resolved.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 5700x

Sapphire 7800 XT NITRO OC 16G

48GB DDr4 3200 Mhz

ROG Strix b550-f motherboard

750w PSU

1 1440p Monitor @75Hz - HDMI

1 1080p monitor @75Hz - DP to HDMI adapter (DP port in graphics card which then adapts to HDMI)

0 Likes
5 Replies
crspears
Adept II

I have had this issue on my 6900xt with various other games and I believe the problem is SAM and/or Freesync

0 Likes

I'll disable it. If it doesn't work ill let you know.

0 Likes

did adjusting SAM or freesync settings in radeon improve anything?

0 Likes
necramonium
Adept II

Welcome to the club:

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics-cards/is-amd-going-to-acknowledge-black-screen-crashes-on-7000...

The only thing that kinda fixed it for me for a week, was installing 23.9.1, it's completely random, sometimes you get these crashes daily, than a week you get nothing and AMD is still not acknowledging the problem.

0 Likes

Have you tried reinstalling the game yet. Some times games compile shaders when the game is installed and they are not compatible with a replacement graphics card so I would try a reinstall or clear game cache as described here  in steam help forum.

0 Likes