cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jeirgen111
Adept I

6800xt no display, other GPUs work.

I bought a second hand 6800xt earlier yesterday, tested it from the seller's pc for about 30-50mins, no problems were encountered. Went home and plugged it into my pc to replace my faulty gpu that was crashing on boot. It showed no signal, tried to install back my faulty gpu it booted. Removed my boot drive ssd, it booted and I freshly installed windows on my other ssd. Had to go out, so I turned off the pc, the pc was not turned on for 5-7hrs. Turned on my pc and it shows no signal again. The pc seems to be restarting and restarting because the gpu fans go loud and quiet (happends during the first boot). The numlock also does not work for a couple seconds until the monitor shows "no signal", then it works.

Steps I tried:
CMOS restart
reseat ram
reseat gpu
DDU uninstall
different HDMI/DP cables
Tried GT730 (works) and 6750xt faulty(works)
Interchange SSDs BIOS update

After doing all these one by one, the pc still showed no signal. I don't know what I did, but the VGA light on the motherboard is now on. I held the power button to force shutdown it, and turned on the pc. Now it boots, **bleep**. Opened amd adrenaline, my tuning presets were not set to default(thus no crash). Event viewer also did not show any error except for the hard shutdowns I did. Tested the gpu through furmark, cyberpunk, and memory vulkan to test any issues, no problems were encountered.

I'm currently using the pc now for 10hrs after I got it to boot. I'm now worried to turn off my pc, because I don't want to go through this again tomorrow.

MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI, AMD Ryzen 5 5600, XFX Merc 319 6800xt, Cooler Master MWE 750W Bronze V2, TFORCE Dark Za 32(16x2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Jeirgen111
Adept I

Pc seems to be working fine after I started it today, still worried that if I enable XMP it goes back to having "no signal". Currently running 2400mhz is it worth to go 3600mhz?, or go lower to 3200mhz?

MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI, AMD Ryzen 5 5600, XFX Merc 319 6800xt, Cooler Master MWE 750W Bronze V2, TFORCE Dark Za 32(16x2)
0 Likes