cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jdoug312
Journeyman III

6700xt won't display on tv

Today I stopped using a very old 1080p tv and began using a 4k Vizio smart tv. I don't have a monitor for my pc, and had been using my HDMI cord to connect to my tv. This worked fine on my old TV, but not my new Vizio. A few months ago, I tried connecting my pc to a newer LG smart tv, but I had the same issue with no display showing. I know the HDMI cable is fine because it'd been working for this purpose hours ago before swapping out tvs.

0 Likes
1 Solution
jackj83
Adept II

hey its not your tv or cable its something with you display drivers 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

May be you need a newer spec cable for the modern tv, did you try the one supplied with it?

Is TV set to PC mode?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yes the tv is set to PC mode. I'm using an HDMI 2.1 cable. Going to take it to best buy in a few hours to see if Geek Squad can figure it out. Based on reddit threads, it seems that No Display issues are common with Radeon, at least for models from 6400-7900xt.

0 Likes
jackj83
Adept II

hey its not your tv or cable its something with you display drivers 

0 Likes

I have the latest drivers from amd, but yeah I'd read on reddit that Windows Update auto installs a bad driver or something to that effect. Because I don't have a monitor for my PC (never did, I always used my old TV), I can't change anything in that regard or tweak the Bios (which I'd read could also be the issue). I have a monitor coming today so hopefully I can tweak things, get it working on my TV, and return the monitor.

0 Likes
jackj83
Adept II

im in the same boat been like that 3 weeks done everthing nothing black screens brand new xfx rx 6700xt  qick 319 im pissed i had to buy another gpu cause of this ended up getting a navida geforce 3060 aorus 12 gig **bleep** amd im done with  this bull**bleep**  and it seems like windows and micro soft  are doing this crap  on purpose holding hardware hostage this crap will never be fixed

0 Likes

Definitely sorry to hear that man. I'm actually just about to accept your answer as the solution because permanently disabling Windows Update and then doing a full reset of my AMD drivers fixed the issue for me. I was going to try this (https://youtu.be/lT66m7GBTls?si=6ADS4Ei7iNCmi-D5) solution next, but I didn't end up having to. I'd updated my drivers on the AMD site several times before, but Windows Update definitely fudged something up. Going into registry edit and turning Windows Update off permanently *should* prevent this issue from popping back up. Currently using my new 50" as my monitor, and I've already packed up the monitor that came today so I can send it back tomorrow.

0 Likes