Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

s4l4mander
Adept I

6700XT stuttering, fps drops on Valorant

Hello guys, i really need help and decided to post here:
Just got a new  SAPPHIRE 6700XT NITRO (upgraded from a zotac 1070ti) and i am having sttuters, fps drops and worse performance than my old 1070ti.
I've been playing Valorant and the performance is really bad, a lot of stutters and fps drops.
OBS: My computer with 1070ti works perfectly, nice performance on games, never stutter or fps drops.

My computer:
Asus B550m TUF  (bios updated to latest 3002)
32GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 3200 MHZ (DOCP ON)
Ryzen 5800x
Zotac 1070ti  RX SAPPHIRE 6700XT NITRO 12GB
Corsair RM750x Full Modular (750w GOLD)
SSD Kingston KC3000 M.2 2280 512GB
Monitor 144hz (only 1)

Windows 11 (latest update KB5027231 and KB4023057)

What i've tried so far:

1. Did a fresh install windows 11, then only installed drivers (MOBO, Chipset 5.05.16.529 and Adrenalin 23.5.2) and Valorant
  2. Used DDU (with prevent download of drivers from windows option) and reinstalled drivers fresh (Adrenalin 23.5.2)
  3. Deactivated everything on Adrenalin (literally everything)
  4. Using 2 different power cables on GPU
  5. Activated SMA (causes huge fps drops and worse performance)
  6. Disabled fullscreen optimization on valorant.exe
  7. Set minimum GPU frequency on Adrenalin to 2000mhz
  8. Fixes with the program at this topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/zmx2it/mpo_fix_for_6000_series_amd_gpus_fixes_stutters/?ut...
  9. Did stress test on GPU (6700XT) and everything is fine (temps 70c max). Also did benchmarks and the score is a lot above averarge
  10. Did all the steps on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oltTkFODy8w
  11. Using power plan (ultimate performance)
7 Replies
CamargooXD
Adept I

i have the same problem with my rx6600 xfx, any solution? 

No, tried everything but the fps stutters and drops are still here

**bleep**, I can't play valorant so, do other games run fine on your pc?

0 Likes

To be honest, I didn't tried any game besides Valorant (it's the game that I most play this days).  I am really worried, because to me doesn't work having a laggy performance on the game that I most play, and have ok performance in other games

0 Likes

I understand, on my pc this only happens in valorant, so I don't know if the problem is in the game or in my pc

0 Likes
hawkmanw
Adept III

I was experiencing some stutters in a different game on my 6700XT until… (oh this is embarrassing). Until I went into UEFI and enabled resizable BAR. Once I did that my problems went away. Mine was disabled by default. I thought otherwise. Maybe yours is also disabled. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI B550 Tomahawk, XFX RX6950XT WB edition, 64G 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
0 Likes

I tried it disabled and enabled (SMA ON and OFF), but still have sttuters/fps drops

0 Likes