PC specs:

Motherboard: TUF B550-PLUS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

PSU: Corsair RM650x

GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6700 XT

RAM: 2x8 Gb Corsair 3600Mhz CL16 (DOCP)

I tried:

-Different driver version (with DDU)

-Different windows fresh installs and updates (Win10)

-SAM ON/OFF

-Latest BIOS

-CPU PBO/Factory/Manual OC

-Windows power management

-Windows services tweaking

-ULPS

-New power supply

-PCIE3 and PCIE4 (in bios)

-GPU over/under clocking

-GPU Vbios power features tweaking

-FPS capping

-Probably more that i can't even remember

I'm out of ideas right now. The stutter/freeze appears when something is loading, a weapon fired for the first time or something that I cant see happening. It won't get better over time.

You can see the dips of fps appears when gpu clock is dipping.

I had a 6600 with the same problem in this config.

Any help appreciated!

Untitled.png

5 Replies
CGC
Adept II

Is there only ssd in the PC or is there hdd?

gennaz
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

what kind of drives are you running in  your system? What type of drive are your games installed on?

Is your RAM actually running at 3600? ..is your  FCLK running at 1800?

Are you running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU?

Maybe consider getting a TPM module to run instead of using fTPM .. though I was only experiencing some very minor hitches in Hunt:Showdown (only game I really play) with entering new compounds sometimes .. I picked up a TPM module for my x570 Taichi and what little hitches I was having seemed to be less .. or less "severe" micro-micro stutter .. maybe just a placebo affect though 

..also keep in mind that with some games (like Hunt:Showdown) ..there will be some hitching after a GPU driver update while game textures are re-cached. When I run a match after updating my GPU drivers, the first few minutes will have more noticeable "hitches" .. then it's pretty smooth afterwards for me.. may be more or less of a thing with other games .. and may be more of a thing with slower system drives? I run PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe drives for OS and Games .. 

Are you running the latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com?

ThreeDee PC specs

Are you running the latest AM4 chipset drivers from AMD.com?

Chipset: 4.11.15.342 (Latest)

GPU:  22.11.2 (same with 21.5.1 and many more)

Is your RAM actually running at 3600? ..is your FCLK running at 1800?

Yes

Are you running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your GPU?

Yes

run PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVMe drives for OS and Games ..

same

0 Likes
izyk
Journeyman III

have the same problem on 3600, 32gb, 6700xt. stutters in HUNT when action happen like explosion, shots etc. even when they happens far away from me. i have stutters in many games

izyk
Journeyman III

have the same problem on 3600, 32gb, 6700xt. stutters in HUNT when action happen like explosion, shots etc. even when they happens far away from me. i have stutters in many games