cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DarrenJ1982
Adept II

5000/6000 Series Cards known issues but cards still sold ?

Hi again so wanted to write about 5000/6000 cards after falling into trap of buying one unknowingly aware of issues which have never been rectified by AMD. I personally got the 6650xt for £239.99 which for a lot of people is not a lot of money but for me it is only to have issues with microstutters in every game. I have been troubleshooting and researching for over a week now all day and night and literally not a single method of troubleshooting has made a difference. After finding out on numerous forums that a massive percentage of people have the exact same issue with not just this card but cards across the 5000 and 6000 series with micro stutters this begs the questions (a) Why has AMD not rectified this via driver updates ? (B) Why is gpu's from both series still being sold with know problems ?.

Now not only have i spent a massive amount of my free time on this issue but have had replies from others on here and other forums who have spent there time on this for way way longer than me.

If possible will an AMD rep respond directly to me regarding this if any here ?

But general replied welcome also on this matter.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Just spotted your possible issue.

B350, that thing sure is compatible with 5600 CPUs and later GPUs but can be problematic. That is a board designed for the very first Ryzens with no PCI 4.0 and terrible vrm configs.

Sure, it can work and it does. The B350 worked with a 5800X3D and a 6750XT but something was off, so my brother changed to a B550 RoG Strix and now its flawless.

BTW, do you made sure to have a good enough PSU? A RoG Strix 6650XT needs at least 650 watts. (That is just an example) Always check AIB requirements.

One more thing, although average fps are similar, 0.1% lows and frametime do get messy with pci3 vs pci4, so stutters and framedrops are an issue.

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

What Kind of troubleshooting have you done? 

I tried or owned lately, as in the past years. 

From 5600/5700, 6750XT, 6800 6950XT and I'm yet to find significant problems.

And to make things worse, I've changed several cards and 2 boards with the same windows. 

I've seen lately, some threads here reporting stutterings and the root cause was not the GPU but something else in the computer.

Have you tried DDU at least? 

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi Johnny pretty much tried everything you could possibly think of i must have spent 40 hours+ on it. Yeh DDU multiple times , total format of drives and windows reinstall twice. 

computer has a few weeks old 5600x in it, 16gb 3200mhz Corsair Vengance also 2 week sold, 1tb m.2 nvme and a sata ssd also. mobo is b350 gaming updated with the latest beta bios.

Have ended up sending it back as there was nothing i could honestly think of more to try. Popped old 1060 6gb back in and not a single problem.

Bizarre

Darren

0 Likes

Just spotted your possible issue.

B350, that thing sure is compatible with 5600 CPUs and later GPUs but can be problematic. That is a board designed for the very first Ryzens with no PCI 4.0 and terrible vrm configs.

Sure, it can work and it does. The B350 worked with a 5800X3D and a 6750XT but something was off, so my brother changed to a B550 RoG Strix and now its flawless.

BTW, do you made sure to have a good enough PSU? A RoG Strix 6650XT needs at least 650 watts. (That is just an example) Always check AIB requirements.

One more thing, although average fps are similar, 0.1% lows and frametime do get messy with pci3 vs pci4, so stutters and framedrops are an issue.

The Englishman

Hey again pal. Oh right b350 is that bad ? , It was part of pc i bought off lad around month ago then i seen new bios was released which made it work with 3000 cpu's so thought nothing it.

stupidly since buying this pc for £300 of the lad i have changed every part lol and now i know how easy it is to build i wish i just bought the parts to start with and saved £300 lol.

Anyways it is what it is , Last night i thought right well i have spent a chunk plus original £300 so might as well just sort this out so went and ordered msi mpg b550 gaming plus mobo £120 and ASUS ROG Strix 750W Gold PSU £134.99. current psu is 650w corsair vs650. 

So now im about £490 in + £300 (sigh) now just need gpu.

Current parts once todays arrive.

msi mpg b550 gaming plus mobo.

ASUS ROG Strix 750W Gold PSU

amd ryzen 5600x

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb ddr4 3200 mhz

Hopefully now things will be better with them parts and if not then im throwing it all from a great height lol.