cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CcPunk28
Journeyman III

2 BAD Problems. Display driver amdwddmg stops responging, also now getting BCOD (SYSTEM_SERVICE_E

Hello guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. It's going to take me forever to type because my display keeps going black and then comes back. Event Viewer shows

Source: Display

Event ID: 4101

It also says this: Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Sometimes it happens over and over like it is now and sometimes it doesn't happen for hours. It can happen even when I literally have nothing running. I've seen this problem all over the net and it seems nobody has found a fix. I'm also started to get the BSOD where is says SYSTEM_EVENT_EXCEPTION.. That also happens randomly...

I checked Liability Monitor and it said HARDWARE ERROR:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffe10176dc5010

Parameter 2: fffff8046bcb5e80

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 91c

OS version: 10_0_19045

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

So let's tell you what I've tried.:

- I recently hooked up a new Samsung monitor and I had no problems until about a week ago (I can't think of anything that I changed so drastically since then and have no restore points.. So I hooked my computer back up to my TV like I had it before and thought the problem was fixed.... but I was wrong. So it's not the monitor

- I swapped out my old HDMI cable with a brand new one

- I downloaded the newest AMD Adrenaline Software and updated the drivers. (I'm not sure how to try older drivers, but I've read that didn't help other people)

- I ran SFC /scannow and it said it found problems but couldn't fix them so I ran it in safe mode and it fixed the problems that time. As you can assume I was very hopeful, but it didn't sold anything. I also ran it again since the problems started happening again and it says there are no problems.

- I did the same with DISM.EXE /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Everything shows as fine.

- I forget what it's called but I did a test on my RAM and it came back with no problems.

- I'm sure I tried some other things, but that's all I can think of for now and it's hell typing this with the screen freezing everything up constantly and having a possible system shutdown.

I Thank anybody in advance for any assistance!! I am desperate to enjoy my PC again. I May post this on the AMD thread as well, I hope that's okay, I just really need to figure this out. I know there are some things I can do with BIOS but I'd have to be told how and something about firmware nut I'd need a flash drive I can format which I do not have and I'm broke right now:(

Colin

MY SPECS

Windows 10 Home 64bit

I bought this PC a few years ago and all I know as far as brand is that it is called CYBERPOWERPC C Series

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz

GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB

Motherboard: Gigabyte Model B450M DS3H WIFI-CF (PCI Exp. 4.0) AMD Chipset

32 GB of DDR4 Ram

Unfortunately I don't know what my PSU is.. I even looked in the case and it's hidden inside some compartment I can't get to

If there is any other information you need please let me know, thanks again very MUCH!

0 Likes
0 Replies