cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rawintellect
Challenger

Re: Windows 10 update broken

When you reset windows it doesn't give you any feedback about errors so I think you're mistaken. Resetting windows is accomplished in the recovery console. Honestly I think you need to google on how to do this. You're in an AMD driver forum asking about general windows assistance. 

0 Likes
rawintellect
Challenger

To be clear we're not talking about system file checker or SFC /scannnow nor are we discussing DISM. We're talking about reinstalling windows entirely. If you select "Keep my files" while doing this it will not delete ANYTHING under C:\Windows\<user name>. You WILL have to reinstall any programs or games that didn't come with windows but you won't lose your game data as that's usually stored under C:\Windows\<user name>\. It's not as scary as it sounds. You won't lose any pictures or anything stored in \Documents either. Nor anything stored under \Downloads. All of that falls under C:\Windows\<user name>\.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Several of the leading people are expert enough to guide a person to find solutions

No need to be that cynical

0 Likes
rawintellect
Challenger

I'm not being cynical. I'm being factual. Nothing I said was untrue.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Challenger

Doing an in place install/repair would also work and he wouldn't lose any programs or settings.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Challenger

Here is a video that gives you a step by step process to do an in place upgrade (reinstall) of windows without losing any apps or settings.

0 Likes
cptluckystar
Adept II

Thanks everyone for your replies, recently my issue got a lot worse, BSODs up the wazzoo, bios issues I can't put my finger on it , I tried everything but refreshing, I did and in place upgrade but it make matters worse so I uninstalled it.  I'm intent on getting a new ssd drive and doing a clean windows install.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

cptluckystar wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies, recently my issue got a lot worse, BSODs up the wazzoo, bios issues I can't put my finger on it , I tried everything but refreshing, I did and in place upgrade but it make matters worse so I uninstalled it.  I'm intent on getting a new ssd drive and doing a clean windows install.

a new SSD will at least improve performance

0 Likes
widdmann
Adept I

u shouldnt do windows updates on slow computers.if updates arent working on fast pc, then try to restart update service in task manager (search in google for process name)