Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mburns88
Journeyman III

WiFi has disappeared

Hi not sure how to post a new thread but hoping someone can help me out, 

I bought my soon a AMD Ryzen 3 2200g and for some reason the WiFi has disappeared so I can only use the pc while connecting to WiFi router with Ethernet cable? Does anyone know what’s happened or how I can fix this so I can use wireless connection again? 

11 Replies

more information on your computer hardware and software would be useful.

Have you gone to your Motherboard's Support Driver download page and downloaded and installed the latest CHIPSET, WiFI & BIOS versions?

Go to Device Manager and see if there are any errors or yellow exclamation marks. If none, then click on "Scan for Hardware Device" at the top of Device Manager's Menu.

Click on Network in Device Manager and check to see if your Wifi driver is installed. If it is, click to uninstall it then click again on "Scan for Hardware Device" to have the WiFi Driver reinstalled again.

Does the WiFi appear in the device manager?

I have seen a lot of problems with WiFi 

I'm having the same problem, is causing some conflict or whatever on my WIFI adapter TP-link TL-WN881ND. My graphic card is a Radeon Rx550 4Gb, tried Adrenalin 20.4.2 and 20.8.3 (most recent) and nothing changed. Before the software is installed, when the resolution is messed up, it works fine, once the installation is completed and the resolution fix itself, back with connection issues.

0 Likes

try moving the wifi card to a different slot

0 Likes

Can't do it. My motherboard only has one PCIe, the other ones are x16. 

0 Likes

What does Windows Device Manager show for your WiFi driver? Any errors indicated with the AMD Driver installed?

Which version of Windows do you have installed?

Here is the last TP Driver for your Wireless PCIe Card: Download for TL-WN881ND | TP-Link 

Note: I can't see how a Graphic Driver will affect a WiFi card's operation.

Also I believe that Windows version 2004 had some issues with WiFi and this specific Windows Update broke WiFi on some computers: https://mspoweruser.com/windows-10-kb4554364-update-has-a-nasty-wi-fi-bug/ 

This Tech Website gives some tips on how to get your WiFi working again in Windows 10 version 2004: https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/18/windows-10-no-internet-connection-problem/ 

0 Likes

Already did that (and my version is the EU instead US). Also used Driver Booster to be sure everything was updated and it is.
Sometimes, when I use the troubleshoot, says "Can't find default gateway", sometimes don´t even connect and says "can't connect to this network".

Yes, I have the 2004 version, but the problem is related to graphic card, believe it or not! I remove it, connection runs smoothly, put back on and connections issues comeback.
This guy has the same adapter and is having the same issue when installing Adrenalin software: AMD Drivers Adrenalin (problem with wifi) 

It is strange that a GPU or Graphics driver will cause WiFi connection issues.

But in your case that seems to be the case. Therefore I suggest you open an Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and let them know and see what they suggest from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Also the other User has the same WiFi card or from the same manufacturer therefore I highly suggest you open a Support Ticket with the manufacturer of your WiFi Card. Seems like the WiFi card has become incompatible with AMD GPU Card or Driver.

Have you tried running the wifi repair?

• Select Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot, or select the Find troubleshooters shortcut at the end of this topic.
    View of all troubleshooters in Windows 10
  • Select the type of troubleshooting you want to do, then select Run the troubleshooter.

Also a full malware scan could be helpful to eliminate that as the issue too.

You are correct to consider the most recent change to your machine. It is always the best place to start looking for a new issues source.  

I'd make sure your bios, chipset, ethernet and wifi drivers are all up-to-date. As elstaci already correctly suggested above. 

I just wanted to remind it never hurts to scan for malware as networking is one of the most common things taken out by malware. 

Yes, I have tried. Also tried to uninstall, reinstall, "system restore", tried this and nothing worked. You know what worked? Removing the graphic card! As I said to elstaciI remove it, connection runs smoothly, put back on and connections issues comeback.
This guy has the same adapter and is having the same issue when installing Adrenalin software: https://community.amd.com/thread/255325 

0 Likes
Rauljpadron
Journeyman III

For my computer, the only way to fix this problem was to uninstall the AMD PSP, which is in the AMD Chipset Software.

For better measure, I uninstalled both AMD Software and AMD Chipset Software, and  reinstalled the driver but deselecting AMD PSP. Now Wifi has been stable for days.

0 Likes