cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

thenumbernine
Journeyman III

When communicating a bug to a dev, one of my posts got deleted.

Hey, I don't know where to post this, but I thought I'd try here.

I posted a bug in OpenCL here: https://community.amd.com/t5/opencl/opencl-compiler-clbuildprogram-llvm-error/m-p/510485 .  I had just sent a message clarifying/verifying some of the devs questions, I refreshed the thread to make sure the message was posted, then came back a few minutes later to see that my most recent post had got deleted. 

The thread shows I have one post and 3 replies, while my profile still shows that I have sent 1 post and 4 replies (I'm a new user, so I've only posted in this lone thread).  Likewise when I list all my posts in my profile, it only shows the 1 OP and 3 replies ... no 4th reply as my profile stats show.

I am about to re-post the message as best as I remember it ... but I thought I'd let you guys know something is up, in case it's a forum problem that someone needs to fix.

Here's screenshots of my profile stats.

amd profile page 1.pngamd profile page 2.png

0 Likes
13 Replies

AMD Moderator @dipak can probably answer your question.

0 Likes
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @thenumbernine 

The post was marked as "spam" by the auto spam-filter, hence it was not showing on the thread. I've restored the post. Please check now.

Thanks @elstaci .

Hello,

I'm sorry for asking here but I don't see any better way to reach out to any moderator:

I also posted something with a sufficient degree of detail (a serious question, nothing to be regarded spam) into the Server Gurus section regarding µProf. I can see the post for myself, but don't find it listed anywhere, and if I click the link without being signed in, it says

The message you are trying to access is not available.

May I kindly ask some moderator to look at it as well, e. g. via my profile? @dipak 

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Hi @MarcelHB ,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked the recent posts in the spam folder, however could not find any of your post. When did you post it? Can you please share the link?

Also, as I can see, your profile is showing this post only. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hello and thanks for checking,

Of course, the URL is https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus-discussions/amd-%C2%B5prof-win-no-longer-parses-gcc-debug-...

This is how I see it posted:

Screenshot_2022-02-08_10-58-27.png

Regards
Marcel

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing the link. I'll check and get back to you.

0 Likes

I'm not sure why the post is not showing on the community board or on your profile. I'm adding our community managers who might be able to help you in this regard.

Hi  @Matt_AMD , @Ray_AMD 

Can you please help with the above issue? 

0 Likes

For what it's worth, I noticed that, if I tried to post and the post had an error in the message (the error I got was something about some html or unicodes not being supported in my message) ... and then I fixed it and tried again within the 10 minute interval ... the forum would think that I was trying to post twice within 10 minutes, and prevent the post from happening. 

Then when I tried and failed a few times to wait out the 10 minute interval, it would count that as a repeated 10 minute attempt at spamming, and then blocked me out for 6 hours.

So it seems your forum software's anti-spam/ anti-flooding code also counts rejected posts when considering its post limit.

0 Likes

Hm, I don't remember any trouble with Captchas aside from the usual stuff.

Do you see any updates, or may I just repost my original one?

0 Likes

Hi @MarcelHB 

I reported the issue to our community managers. We have opened a support ticket to look into the issue. I'll notify you if I get any update on this.

Meanwhile, you may repost the original message. Please let us know if it works.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi @MarcelHB ,

The issue has been resolved now. The original post (https://community.amd.com/t5/server-gurus-discussions/amd-%C2%B5prof-win-no-longer-parses-gcc-debug-...) is visible here: amd-server-gurus-discussion 

Please check and confirm.

Thanks.

0 Likes

It's visible now, thanks!

Maybe you can trash the 2nd one (in case you can see it somewhere) that I attempted to post a week later, but that also did not make it.

0 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. We have rejected the duplicate post.

Thanks.

0 Likes