cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

adey2k
Journeyman III

What is the best motherboard, AMD CPU & AMD GPU for a New AMD DAW Workstation?

Hi,  I am a home-based music producer and singer/songwriter, and I am seriously considering upgrading my current Intel i5 DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) as it has started becoming slightly unstable and have noticed that the audio is 'popping' more often as time goes by, which can be annoying at times.   Therefore, I am considering changing my DAW-PC from an Intel-based system to an AMD-based system, complete with a new AMD graphics card for a better screen resolution and to include gaming. 

I would like to ask the AMD community for any recommendations they might be able to offer me with regards to what the best new AMD Processor would be for using in Audio & Video Projects, and baring in mind in trying to keep the budget as low as possible., what would the best AMD Graphics Card be to include within a new system?

I will greatly appreciate the community's suggestions and recommendations on a new AMD-based system,

Many Thanks in advance,

adey2k.

0 Likes
2 Replies

This Audio Tech review gives you a lot of Data on what Hardware to choose for your Digital Audio Workstation and explanations: https://www.cgdirector.com/best-digital-audio-workstation-daw/

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073557.png

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073627.png

Screenshot 2021-04-21 073647.png

The above link has many links to help you decide which hardware is best for your DAW Workstation. The above is just that particular Music Tech review recommendations.

NOTE: I upgraded recently from a AM3+ Motherboard to a Ryzen AM4  Motherboard. I am using a Asus TUF GAMING X570 Pro (WiFi) Motherboard with a Ryzen 7 3700X Processor with G-Skill Trident-Z Neo 2x16GB RAM MEMORY and it cost me about $700.00 US Dollars during the Christmas Holidays.

I haven't had any issues so far with this combination of AMD Hardware.

0 Likes

i can give you top only for mobo

Gigabyte Aorus PRO series have best sound

0 Likes