cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

justcyber
Adept I

Warranty on Ebay purchases of Ryzen 9 3900x

Hello,  I have been looking to purchase a new Ryzen 9 3900x from a authorized retailer.  The only issue is everyone is sold out!!! I have now turned to searching on Ebay and see them marked up to $600+.  I wanted to know if I do purchase one from Ebay will I still get my 3 year manufacture warranty?  I have been patiently waiting for weeks!! I am trying to make my decision this this week on AMD or Intel Core-I9.

Thank you,

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you purchase an official sealed AMD Processor-In-A-Box from Ebay then you will have the Three year Warranty.

Here is AMD Processor-In-A-Box Warranty: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03 

If the seller of the AMD Processor sends you the Processor in a Non-AMD sealed box then it won't be covered by AMD.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

If you purchase an official sealed AMD Processor-In-A-Box from Ebay then you will have the Three year Warranty.

Here is AMD Processor-In-A-Box Warranty: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03 

If the seller of the AMD Processor sends you the Processor in a Non-AMD sealed box then it won't be covered by AMD.

Ok, so if I do get the processor in a AMD box it was originally packaged in it should be covered.  I got one more question looking in the RMA process.  The proof of purchase for the processor is required to RMA it.  Should I get the Invoice/receipt from when they bought it from another vendor?  Or will the invoice I get from Ebay work?

0 Likes

As long as it shows that you purchased the processor and it shows the price and invoice number/Reciept and where you purchased it from it should be okay.

Ebay gives you an purchase invoice with all details but save any documents you get in the shipping box as proof also. So, save any email sent to you concerning the purchase of the processor and shipping documents that comes inside the shipping box.

But if you are concerned open an Online AMD Service Request and ask them to verify the above information: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

I was just answering your question directly, but I do agree with Qwixt that you should wait until the major Retailers (Online and Offline) have restocked the processor you want before purchasing from Ebay.

Ebay has a reputation of selling fraudulent products or Overpriced products or sending the wrong product depending on the Ebay seller you purchase from. Many, if not, Most of Ebay's sellers are reputable. But you really need to research the Ebay Seller before buying from them.

I believe it is best, as mentioned in the previous reply,  to be patient and wait till the processor is stocked again with the major Retailer. Less risky. 

dacq
Adept III

The receipt is from the seller. Find out if the seller is a PC store that provides a proper receipt. If the seller is an individual with a valid receipt then you would claim under their name. Pretend that person has moved to your address. Check the seller's feedback.

You're better off getting a lower Ryzen to start with. A 2600, 2700 is fine which is easy to sell once you get a 3900x.

A YouTube commenter wrote: “I went from a heavily oc'ed (i5) 2500k to a Ryzen 2600 and the difference is pretty unbelievable in both gaming and outside of gaming.”

Another: "I upgraded to a 1700 (Ryzen 8-core 16-thread) from a 5820k (i7 6core, 12 thread). Used both of them at 1440p with a GTX 1080, there is only 1 difference between the two CPU's: The 1700 loses 1-2 fps on the average and maximum, but gains 10-12 on the minimums. No joke my 5820k, before that my 3930K (i7 6 core, 12 thread) and before THAT my 4790K and even my Xeon 1230v3 all had issues with microstutter here and there. It actually felt like I was playing at a higher framerate on my 1700. And before you ask, the only difference between each of those systems was the mobo and CPU. The ram stayed the same."

"A friend of mine just got a Ryzen 1700X (8-core 16-thread) computer. He wanted me to see it so I came over. I tried it and it seemed faster than my computer, but I was not overly impressed. He noticed my disappointment and pushed me away from the computer. He said "Watch this"! He opened 5 tabs in his web browser and opened a 4k you-tube video in each tab except the last where he opened an 8K video! He opened 3 1080p videos in VLC player (each separate instances) and one more VLC video playing 4k video. Finally he ran a full malware-bytes and anti-virus scan. The cpu never went above 58 degrees celcius in temperature and cpu utilization went 52%-72%. He let me try the computer while all this activity was simultaneously going on and it was still faster than my computer (older Intel -i5). I was so impressed that I promised him I would buy my own Ryzen computer before the end of the year!"

“My Ryzen 5 3600X surpasses my I7 9700k machine in almost all functions. My I7 machine is relegated to my 7 yearolds Roblox habit and nothing else. Hell, my Ry 3600x beats the I9 in single thread.”

"I upgraded from an i5-3570k (oc @4.2 ghz) to a ryzen 5 1600X and the performance is way better! In games like bf1 or grw it was constantly 100% usage causing me some really annoying fps drops! With this cpu i get a 75% use when the mess is everywhere and normally it stays on 35-45%. Never has those drops again!"

In a year from now the 3900x's price will have dropped and there will be more of them.

qwixt
Forerunner

One of the reasons why new tech items (CPUs and GPUs) are sold out at release is that scalpers buy them up, and sell at higher price on ebay and other similar places. Be patient and don't reward this behavior. You will get your CPU. Plus, if you buy from reputable online store, you can generally return for exchange if something is wrong or at least get your money back.

Also, it's actually better to wait longer, because they have had more time to work out the bugs on the new CPUs/GPUs. It's called the bleeding edge for a reason. Just look at all the fixed and known crashes for the 5700 in the last few drivers.

justcyber
Adept I

I appreciate all of the info everyone has given me! I am going to wait it out for when a CPU comes back in stock . I think it is a little crazy to buy something that has been marked up a few hundred dollars.

I also have my sights set on the Ryzen 9 3950x now . I checked and it is supposed to be launched this month?