cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rsak73
Journeyman III

Unstable connection to wireless display

Hello everyone. I have a new (~2 months old) HP Victus laptop...with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz. All Windows Updates and driver updates are current. For reasons that I'm unable to determine, I am having major connection issues when projecting my display to a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

I have no issues projecting from an older HP laptop or two other mobile devices....so the problem is not with the Display Adapter. When I attempt to connect the new Victus laptop to the WDA, most times it will connect successfully at first...but then after a short while (sometimes 10 minutes...sometimes 1 minute....seems random) the laptop disconnects. At that moment, if I attempt to reconnect, typically I will get an error message saying that the laptop is unable to re-connect. The WDA will show a message saying something like, "can't connect, please wait a while and try again."

I can confirm Miracast is supported. dxdiag states that it is, and I am certainly able to connect/project for a short while. However, the connection is not reliable. As mentioned, all drivers are up to date (via Microsoft, HP, and AMD). I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone else have a similar experience with wireless displays by chance? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

0 Likes
0 Replies