cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Trusted Computing No security device found

Hi All/Community Support.

Way back in 2022 a couple of months after the release of Win11, I managed to enable TPM2.0  and install Windows 11.  Monitored the installation within 6 months and found multiple issues, system crashed suddenly, always get fatal/memory error and automatically shutdown, since then I rolled back to Windows 10 and disable TPM in the BIOS. 

3 days ago, I read a lot of improvement and wanted to install / upgrade to Windows 11. I enabled  Secure Boot, switched AMD fTPM switch to enable AMD firmware TPM. Saved settings in the BIOS and rebooted,  and got the error below.

TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC. TPM: TPM not detected.

Went back to BIOS > Advanced >  Trusted Computing > it shows : No security device found.

My System:
BIOS Version: 6204
BIOS Mode: UEFI
MOBO: Asus Prime A320M-K
Boot Mode: UEFI
Secure Boot State : is ON
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600

I visited https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-a320m-k/ and it shows Windows 11 is supported. My BIOS version shows also TPM is supported.  Ryzen 5 2600 shows also supported for TPM 2.0

Note: All AMD drivers/updates performed but still no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

8 Replies

Found this very recent tech article where is mentions that Windows 10/11 BUG fails to recognize TPM 2.0 even though it is enabled in BIOS: https://hothardware.com/news/windows-11-tpm-bug-wreaking-havoc-on-amd-ryzen-systems

A new TPM bug has surfaced on AMD Ryzen-based systems where the CPU’s built-in TPM module fails to be recognized in Windows 10 and 11, in spite of the module being activated in BIOS. This has been recognized by Microsoft, however, there is no fix at this time.

The issue appears to be related to Ryzen 5000 CPUs specifically, all affected user reports are confirming the existence of this bug with a Ryzen 5000 series part. One user, in particular, confirmed the issue happens when switching from a Ryzen 5 2600 to a Ryzen 7 5700X — and switching back to the 2600 fixed the TPM bug. Other reports confirm issues with Ryzen 7 5800X3D CPUs as well.

But it seems to be related to the Ryzen 5000 series CPUs though.

I would open a ASUS SUPPORT Ticket and ask them. It might be a issue with your Motherboard. Also the latest BIOS Version is 6202. There is no 6204 BIOS version unless it is a typo: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-a320m-k/helpdesk_bios/?model2N...

Make sure you have BIOS Version 6202 installed and see if TPM 2.0 is recognized.

Hi @elstaci,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and provides helpful insights. This might be related to the Ryzen 5000 series CPUs but a more isolated case for my Motherboard using Ryzen 5 2600.

Regarding on the latest BIOS update for my motherboard, ASUS released already 6204  on 2023/09/01. See https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-a320m-k/helpdesk_bios/?model2N...

cleifordrayconchas_0-1693830729129.png

Tried both BIOS version to see if which one is causing the failure but somehow both has option to enable TPM in the BIOS but windows could not detect the Security Device still. 

Thank you again for the swift reply to my issue. I would just create a support ticket directly to ASUS Support to see if they can help too.

Cheers!.

I found another similar article that also mentioned that it affected  Intel processor so it might not be solely affecting the 5000 series AMD processors.

So it is either a Windows issue or Motherboard or CPU hardware issue.

Please post back if any replies from Asus Support or AMD Support if you opened one there also.

0 Likes

Hey, elstaci if you have any leads regarding this problem please let me know. This problem is killing me. I think it has something to do with the bios version. Do you have any idea how can I downgrade my bios version? 

0 Likes

Depends on your Motherboard's Manufacturer if a BIOS can be downgraded or not.

In my case, Once I installed a certain BIOS Version on my Asus Motherboard I was prevented to downgrade my BIOS past that certain BIOS version.

In another words I was stuck at that BIOS version or newer.

Your Motherboard BIOS should indicate if your can downgrade or not or open a Support ticket to find out if you can downgrade the BIOS version and to which version you can downgrade to.

0 Likes

Hey, I have the exact same issue with exact same bios update. Did u find any solution it would be very helpful for me. TY

0 Likes

Hi,

I have the same issue with my ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming WiFi and 7950X3D CPU. "NO Security Device Found" even after enabling fTPM in "AMD fTPM configuration" section of BIOS (and saving-restart, ofc). BIOS is the latest - 1905.

0 Likes

I gave up on this issue already. Upgraded system 

0 Likes