Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dj2018
Adept II

Re: temp too high radeon hd 6750

hi.

thanks for the reply … I will download that now, and yes it happens everytime, but when I use my pc to web browse I don't get anything like artifacting only when I game play.. I will come back with further information once I've run the test... thanks once again

0 Kudos
dj2018
Adept II

hi.

a quick update....

I downloaded one of those programs and started it and as soon as it ran artifacts all over my screen so only answer is that my gpu is tattered?

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Which program did you use to stress test the GPU card? OCCT also checks for errors (if checkmarked) while stressing the GPU card.

Reading online seems like Furmark is the best program to stress test your GPU. OCCT is good also.

What temperatures were you seeing when stressing the GPU card?

0 Kudos
dj2018
Adept II

hi

I was hitting temps between 80 - 90c. I know for a fact that this is way too high. the cooling heatsink on the gpu card is clean, I also have plenty of case cooling too, 4 120 mm case fans and 2 x 80 side winders or side blowers running , so I know my case is well ventilated

0 Kudos
dj2018
Adept II

and the program I used was OCCT

0 Kudos
dj2018
Adept II

hi.

just an update..

I decided yesterday after a hard call that I would upgrade my gpu. I don't know if I have done good comparing to my old card, but decided to opt out and buy a Radeon RX 560 series?

have I done right and made the best choice from my old video card I was using?

I will await to hear from you

many thanks

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Anytime you upgrade to a modern supported hardware is a good choice. As long as you have the hardware to support and run it.

Make sure you have at least a 400 watt PSU installed on your computer as per this website: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX

By the way,

Keep all the RX 560 box and stuffing in case you have problems installing it in your computer and you need to return it.

Keep us posted on how the new GPU card is doing. Make sure you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe mode with the internet disconnected when you remove the old AMD GPU driver and install the new AMD driver.

Also RX 560 supports only Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 x64 versions. You can download the latest AMD Driver from here: Radeon™ RX 560 Drivers & Support | AMD

You can use this basic procedure to install the new AMD Driver:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

0 Kudos
dj2018
Adept II

hi

thanks for the feedback. yes I uninstalled the old amd drivers in safe mode, my motherboard is also an MSI and supports it fine, my psu is a ocz mod xtreme 700w psu so I have plenty of confidence in that.

one more thing?

if I was to buy another video card as exactly the same I have now... it mentions something about bridgeless crossfire? Does that even work and of course I 'm sure I would notice even a better fps... ok i'm getting real good fps with this one but would it be noticeable with another card exactly the same in x-fire?

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

I believe the newer AMD GPU Cards and motherboards don't require to have a physical bridge connected between GPU cards to run Crossfire anymore. Everything is done through the Motherboard's PCIe lane. The much older AMD GPU cards do require a physical bridge to activate Crossfire.

Plus your motherboard needs at least TWO PCIe x 16 lanes running at x8 speeds or equivalent to that speed.

But for now I wouldn't concern myself with buying a second GPU card to use in Crossfire. First make sure the first GPU card is up and running without any issues for at least a few months. Then if you want to buy the same GPU card to crossfire it is your decision.

I would first research AMD website about Crossfire and Multi-GPU setups and also many games may not support Crossfire.

Good luck. Happy to hear you decided to go modern. Hopefully it didn't cost you to much.