cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Tiaguini
Journeyman III

Switched from Nvidia to Amd. How to adapt?

Hi. So I just bought a new pc, and I used to have intel and nvidia.
I'm having lots of troubles adapting for several reasons.

My old pc was a : i7-7700, 32gb of ram, gtx 1050, ssd etc.
My new pc is: Ryzen 7 7700 8 core, 32gb of ram ddr5 6000mhz, Radeon Rx 7800 XT

I think I've installed everything, every driver that I could find and seen a bunch of videos but can't find the solution. Sometimes my second monitor shows image, sometimes it does not but It's always detected.
I don't have eyefinity turned on because it bugs both of my screens. When the monitor shows image, the image is blurry even using the correct resolution (1920x1080 60hz) and zoom 100%.
Some of my games are super blurry and I don't know what the option is to remove that blurryness.

I hope someone can help me, and I hope if someone as the same problem that I do, find this post.

0 Likes
1 Reply
drakgoku
Adept II

I'm going to assume you have the power supply with the watts required for your graphics card, that your graphics card is in the PCI-E slot (there are other non-PCI-E slots), updated drivers, and that your monitor is properly connected.

1. Graphics card compatibility: Make sure there is no “bottleneck” affecting the frame rate. You can use online tools to check compatibility between your CPU and GPU.
  2. Other sharpness settings: check other performance parameters that may be affecting image quality.
  3. Antialiasing: Adjust antialiasing settings in games to improve visual quality. Sometimes disabling or changing the type of antialiasing can resolve blurry issues.
  4. Scaling and layout: Make sure that scaling and layout in Windows display settings is set to 100%. This may affect image clarity.
0 Likes