Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Cuz
Adept I

Stuttering in games and videos

Hi, 

I have been getting stutters while playing games and watching videos since mid February this year. I got a blue screen while playing a game that was listed as MEMORY_MANAGMENT and it has been doing it ever since then. I feel like it is just a coincidence though as I am pretty sure I decided to update all drivers on my system when that happened.

First of all I thought that it may be related to the fTPM stutter issue but I do not believe that this is the issue I am facing as it still persists with fTPM FULLY off. I have had this current pc build for over a year with no issues until recently.

Aswell as the stutters in games and videos I am also experiencing a mouse stutter in desktop which comes and goes randomly. When this type of stutter happens I also experience systemwide audio stuttering and when I try to shutdown/restart my pc it is stuck in an infinite loop and will not shutdown unless I hold the power button.  I will attach a short video of the in game stuttering issue at the bottom of the post. I really need some expert help with this as I have already spent about 300 hours trying to fix it as it is driving me insane. Thanks

Please find below a list of the things I have tried thus far:

1. Disabling fTPM in BIOS.
2. Turning off fast boot.
3. Turning off various BIOS settings.
4. Updating drivers/rolling back drivers (chipset/nvidia graphics).
5. Turning off hardware acceleration in all apps that support it.
6. Testing 1 RAM stick at a time.
7. Updating firmware on all devices.
8. Updating Bios.
9. Windows repair tools E.G sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
10. Full pc rebuild to ensure all connections are secure.
11. Tests on SSD for bad sectors and other tests which came back in 100% health.
12. Tests on RAM which came back as a pass.
13. Various registry entires that prioritized gaming applications and turning off MPO etc.
14. Reinstalling FRESH Windows 11 and then DOWNGRADING to Windows 10. 
15. Uninstalling all disconnected devices in device manager.
16. Turning off/on windows Game Mode and Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling.
17. Uninstalling various software(s) that have been known to cause issues. (I still have NZXT CAM installed as I need it for my AIO cooler).
18. Turning on/off various settings in games.
19. Ran various 3D benchmark tests which all came back at the expected score level.
20. Hundreds of hours of research on google about this issue with not much return.

I have tried more than this listed but as of right now this is all I can remember. Please if anyone has any solutions or advice please comment. Thanks

SYSTEM SPECS: 
MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti @base clock
Ryzen 9 5950x @base clock + stock PBO
Samsung 980 Pro 1TB @standard
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
Asus Strix x570-f Motherboard
NZXT Z73 360mm AIO cooler
NZXT H710I Mid tower case
Corsair RX850M 80+ Gold

SHORT VIDEO OF THE STUTTERING: (9) Stutter in 3d apps (3080Ti + 5950x on latest bios and 517.48 Nvidia driver) - YouTube

0 Likes
0 Replies