cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

onetimergaming
Journeyman III

Strange utilization dips when playing need for speed heat

Hi everyone first time in my life posting something like this but I don't know what to do anymore.

I have been having a strange issue when I am playing need for speed heat, my utilization will just drop at random causing my fps to go from 100+ to 12 and then after a short while climb back up with the utilization again. My cpu will be at 60% - 70% utilization then drop to 15% and my gpu will drop from 80-90% utilization to 5%. I have checked temps. cpu maxes out at 70°C  and gpu maxes out at between 75°C - 80°C . First thing I did was play other games where I reaches higher temps. and utilization without the issue happening like the last of us part1, call of duty, dying light 2, days gone etc. then checked if everything is updated drives, windows etc. I verified the game files then proceeded to re download the whole game to no solution.

My Specs are:

Ryzen 9 5900x

Radeon rx 5700xt

32GB Ram

880watt power supply

x470 motherboard

Game is running on a ssd

Any solution or advice would be very much appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
InnerConflict
Adept II

usually that indicates either a driverbug or faulty driver installation, a faulty card which i doubt in your case or faulty PSU. what steps did you do to try and isolate the problem? have you tried downloading newest drivers, pause windows updates then disconnecting from internet (to stop autoinstall and download of microsofts amd driver package), uninstalling the drivers, restart, use amd cleanup utility in safe mode, restart, purge remaining stuff with DDU (Display driver uninstaller), restart, and then install the newest drivers (full install option), then reenable internet? whats your cards hotspot temp? you can check in the drivers or with msi afterburner RTSS.

0 Likes