cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

korgantuous
Journeyman III

Should I invest in another Radeon Card?

Bought my first Radeon Graphics card ever and it was defective!! piss off that was! Is this a common problem? Please make me want to buy this I want it to match my other components in my pc. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

It is rare that a video card dies, I have seen first hand that on some amd based rigs a given card will not work at all 

I have spend countless hours tracking down the real cause of problems

View solution in original post

7 Replies
bearcat22
Miniboss

Did AMD not supply you with a new replacement?

0 Likes

If you didn't purchase the GPU card directly from AMD then you need to open a Warranty Support ticket with the manufacturer of the GPU card. Most have a 3 year Warranty on the GPU cards.

Besides it would be nice to know the Make & Model of your GPU card and computer system. Plus why you believe it is defective. It could be an issue with AMD Driver and not hardware issue.

korgantuous
Journeyman III

I took it to a computer Technician to put it in. It would not go above 1280x720. I have sent the card back and got my money back..But I want to purchase the GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5500 XT OC 8G Graphics Card, PCIe 4.0, 8GB 128-Bit GDDR6, R55XTOC-8GD Video Card GV-R55XTOC-8GD. Back to my original question witch had nothing to do with if I got my money back or a replacement..My only question that i want answers for is...Does this happen alot with your cards? Do people have to send them back as soon as they get them? is this a fluke? 

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-6KEPEF5
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
System Model MS-7B86
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3850 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.20, 2018-09-21
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
BaseBoard Product B450 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B86)
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.628"
User Name DESKTOP-6KEPEF5\chadr
Time Zone Atlantic Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.0 GB

0 Likes

Personally I believe it was more of an exception to the rule that you received a defective AMD GPU DOA.

Most complaints from Users here at AMD Forums with Radeon 55xx and 57xx series GPU cards have been with AMD Drivers causing blackouts, crashes, etc.

Some Users returned the GPU cards not because it was defective but because the latest AMD drivers were not working well with them.

Go ahead and use the Search feature at AMD Forums to see what type of complaints Users are posting about both the 55xx and 57xx series GPU cards.

But many Users have also mentioned they were very satisfied with their AMD GPU Cards.

It is rare that a video card dies, I have seen first hand that on some amd based rigs a given card will not work at all 

I have spend countless hours tracking down the real cause of problems

jigzaw
Elite

On my end I did. I first replaced my Radeon Pro W4100 with Sapphire Nitro+ 5500XT 8GB. I use it for 3D work like IRONCAD. I got another Sapphire Pulse 5500XT 8 GB to replace the Radeon Pro W3200 on my other system. Running dual monitors with not issues. I disabled Game mode but listed my IRONCAD application in the Graphics setting to High Performance. I am happy switching, I had a 470 Titanium edition that I was not happy about prompted me moving to the Pro cards.

20200515_172513[1].jpg

0 Likes

I will open the bidding at the usual 99 cents

0 Likes