cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rawan5
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro+ 7800XT recently started crashing

Anyone experiencing black screen crashes recently since the chrome update? I bought this GPU 1.5 months ago. It was working fine. Never had any crashes until a week ago when my chrome browser was updated to the latest version. I’ve already RMA the old card and now using the new card but the issue still persists.

One more thing I noticed is any chromium based browsers become quite laggy/stuttery when dragged around and hardware acceleration is enabled.

Everything is running at stock clock and setting.

PC will still be running even after the blackscreen crash and I have to do a hard power reset. Worst thing is after the first blackscreen, window disables the gpu and the next restart completely disconnects the gpu cutting off the video output. I have to reseat my memory to get my card working again.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
3 Replies
kabukijo
Adept II

Have you tried reinstalling win11 ? 

I know , that seems to be the standard m$ answer to fix anything.

But, in one case (once in a lifetime) that actually helped/fixed something for me in the past!

But that black thingy you have.. i have had that too an long time.. 

AND ONLY when Google Chrome wos running  !!

does it happen when watching video's/tubes ?   That's exactly when it happend to me .. black screen but pc / os keeps running.. and give it some time, after allots of minutes screen turns back on.. 

I suspect and smell gpu driver + browser conflict there !!

cheers

MOBO : ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) / CPU: R9 5900x /GPU: 7800XT → RTX 4070Ti / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz XMP/ SSD: Nvme ssd Pcie 4.0 / PSU: 850 Watt
0 Likes
veng3ance
Adept I

Very similar issue. Built a new PC, my 7800 XT had no problems for like the first 3 weeks, and then started getting Black Screen crashes with a forced restart.  This is obviously a very common issue, I have seen endless 7800XT black screen crash posts across reddit and this forum.   I has been like a month now of crashes with no solution in sight.  

Fix your **bleep** AMD. 

0 Likes
AntoinePL
Adept II

Many, many users reported this problem here, or on r/amdhelp, r/radeon.

We don't know what to do. We don't know if it's software or hardware. We don't know if the issue is currently being investigated.