Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

edrin88
Journeyman III

Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X OC

Hello Dear AMD Community,

i have a small problem, i wanted to play a round of fortnite and had a huge drop in performance. According to fortnite there are hard problems with driver versions 22.5.1 and 22.6.1... only I can't find a driver for the graphics card under version 22.5.1 and if I use the installer from the AMD side I can only select the latest one . I am very grateful for any help.

My graphics card: AMD Radeon Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X OC

3 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This site has older versions of the AMD Adrenalin graphics drivers, but I see they only go back to version 22.5.1, like you found.  Here's another way to roll back to an earlier version, but I would first try some of the newer versions (above 22.6.1) on that first site before going with this method.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

You could try running DDU to remove all past/present GPU drivers installed on this install of Windows .. reboot .. and then install the latest supported drivers for your GPU .. might help .. might not

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Originally 2021 driver was final, the 2022 driver was a one off so there are no previous 2022 drivers.

OP might want to try the modern modded Amernime drivers from guru3d?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes