Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

theblen
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G always revert iGPU to 512MB

Hello guys,

I have a Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G, on a system with Gigabyte a520M motherboard with 16GB or DDR4 RAM

(IN BIOS) i have set the RAM for XMP Profile 1, 3200mhz and i set the iGPU, using the AMU menu

i change it from Auto to AMU_Specific and set it to 2Gb

but after i save the settings, everything is saved but the iGPU will always turns back to Auto

and in Windows it will always shows 512MB of Vega 7 

is this a feature, a bug, and is there a way to make the iGPU to 2Gb?

9 Replies
theblen
Journeyman III

sorry, BUMPing this thread

0 Likes

Honestly I think that would be a motherboard issue. I would ask Gigabyte support about that. You might check if they already have a newer bios available for your board and load that first if so. 

Good Luck!

benman2785
Big Boss

as mentioned its a Gigabyte BIOS issue!

Gigabyte had bad BIOS since X370 (i dont know why)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
Ozniun
Adept I

Did you figure a way to solve the problem? i have the same exact issue

The video memory of this processor is able to use a maximum of 2 gigabytes. If you set 4 gigabytes in the BIOS, the default memory will be reset to 512 megabytes. Set the vram to 2 gigabytes and everything will be fine.

0 Likes
Shehabeid90
Journeyman III

I have the same specs and i can't find the igpu settings to increase 

0 Likes
fonake
Journeyman III

hi,

this issue is fixed?

0 Likes
Amy558
Journeyman III

A future project of mine is getting the X300W barebones mini-PC (literally fits in your hands it's that small) from ASRock and slapping a 4750G or better into it. It's a ultimate tiny little destroyer of a system, only costs about $1000 US too to fully build .

0 Likes
Kenneth23
Journeyman III

It looks like your BIOS changes aren't being saved correctly, which is why the iGPU memory allocation went back to the original setting. The motherboard may not be able to handle this, or there may be a bug in the BIOS software. You can see if the problem goes away by changing the BIOS. McDFoodForThoughts

0 Likes