cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Noomady
Adept I

Ryzen 5 4600g WORSE than Ryzen 3 3200g, Help.

Hello everyone, i'll try to be as simple as possible bc it's driving me nuts.

I was running a Ryzen 3 3200g build with 12gb ram 2666mhz and it was just fine, i was able to play skyrim with shaders in 55 fps~ish and destiny 2 with 30 fps on medium~low, i managed to even run Resident evil 4 remake with lossless scaling active with a whooping 25~30fps fluctuation, all that only throught the raw power of integrated graphics.

However, my power supply died and i took that oportunity to do a little upgrade and bought everything BRAND NEW:

° 650W power supply
° 256gb NVMe SSD
° 256gb Sata 3 SSD
° 20 gb 2666mhz RAM
° Ryzen 5 4600g
° Gigabyte A520M DS3H motherboard

However, despite the major upgrades, instead of having a major performance boost, it was kinda the opposite

I can barely do the same stunts i did with the R3, keep in mind that R5 integrated graphics are way more powerfull than R3.

Resident evil 4? Nope
Destiny 2? If i don't remove even the slightest graphic element it'll not run at all and i have to play with 17~25 fps TOPS
Skyrim? without any graphics mod or shadders, even reshader turn it into a nightmarish experience and even then i manage to do only 22 fps with the game randomly freezing making me restart the computer or logout.
Photoshop? excruciating slow
Premiere? Ha, you wish.

I have NO idea on what is wrong, every part was installed by a trusted professional, triple checked to make sure everything was Ok and yes, he removed the thermal paste plastic cover.
I've run:
mdsched - no errors
memtest86 - nothing
installed the latest AMD graphics drivers
tried to run a game with AMD Adrenalin Boost
Changed the new RAM sticks with the old ones
Changed them back
Crystal Disk - everything is healthy
MSI Afterburner - Nothing is Overheating and everything has a healthy energy draw and temperature
updated the BIOS
Reinstalled the windows 11 FRESH FIVE TIMES. (i have an original copy)

Nothing seems to have the slightest difference on the issue and i'm totally lost, please anyone had something similar? i'm almost at the point of changing back to my old R3, at least i could play.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

You never mentioned the memory Brand name.  Did you check the QVL for your memory.  If not here is the link: 

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_a520m-ds3h-ac_renoir_200918.pdf?v=d9dbd74ee0...

If you don't see your RAM on this list there could be a good reason why.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"

Sorry, they're both HyperX Fury ram stick, i double checked the QVL and sure enough they're both there.

Also tried with a ballistix pair that's also there on the list.

My major interest here is the CPU.  I have an MSI Bravo laptop with the 4600H CPU and Radeon 5500M graphics running 16GB GSKIL 3200 RAM.  This thing is wicked fast and I love it. 

If you haven't done so yet try:

1. Update BIOS to latest version. 
  2. Uninstall current chipset drivers and install latest version.
  3. Download and install the latest Integrated Graphics drivers and install them.  AMD shows 2 Ryzen 5 4600 G drivers in their driver download and I can't see any differences in them as for size and date.  There is no mention as to why unless they target different GPU series.  Both are   23.5.2 WHQL.

0 Likes

I notice that your chipset drivers have the Realtek Audio, as do many of quality name brand.  I have had serious problems with their drivers conflicting with my Intel Wi-Fi and SoundBlaster drivers.  If you let windows update those drivers your Intel and SoundBlaster will crash.  My opinion of Realtek is very low quality.  Thus I disable the onboard audio and on board ethernet.  Since I use SoundBlaster and Wi-Fi network, I don't need either.

One more thing.  If you can borrow or have a dedicated GPU try installing it with proper drivers and see if the problem still exist.

Try the latest Chipset drivers first (from Gigabyte).   

0 Likes

I'll try both of these now, be right back.

0 Likes

So, a little update:

i've used AMD removal utility to wipe clean all the drivers related to AMD and then reinstalled all of them to the latest. i've gained 5 fps on skyrim, but now my destiny 2 is in excruciating 16 fps everywhere. 

So maybe, it's driver related, any ideas on how i can wipe EVERY drive installed on this PC without the need to do another windows fresh install?

0 Likes